The Student Room Group

What A-levels should i consider taking?

I'm applying for colleges very soon and I have no idea what I am meant to sudy.
I am thinking of being a psychotherapist, however I am not certain on what A-levels I would need to take to do Psychology in Uni.
I have heard PE would be an option however I am not a physical person so is there any other options
Reply 1
From having checked the course pages of 3 unis, it would be a safe bet to take at least one science at A-level, but it's not a requirement by any means.
There is a psychology A-level but I believe it is a minority of schools that offer anyway it so don't fret if you can't take it.
Just take the subjects that you are interested in enough to study for 2 years.
You can take any a levels to do psychology at Uni. Most unis require at least 1 ‘science’ a level, these include; biology, chemistry, physics, maths, psychology & geography. Pick at least one of those subjects alongside any other 2 you find interesting and think you could achieve a high grade in.
Reply 3
Original post by bubblecat
You can take any a levels to do psychology at Uni. Most unis require at least 1 ‘science’ a level, these include; biology, chemistry, physics, maths, psychology & geography. Pick at least one of those subjects alongside any other 2 you find interesting and think you could achieve a high grade in.

So when im applying to colleges i would pick
psychology
biology
and what other ? i dont enjoy any other of those subjects
Reply 4
Original post by geo111
So when im applying to colleges i would pick
psychology
biology
and what other ? i dont enjoy any other of those subjects

literally any 3rd subject.
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh
literally any 3rd subject.

even if it doesnt link to what im going to do? is that ok?
Original post by geo111
even if it doesnt link to what im going to do? is that ok?

yes you can pick any subject. literally anything.
Reply 7
Original post by bubblecat
yes you can pick any subject. literally anything.

ok thanks a lot
psychotherapist? biology, chemistry and maths. also do psychology if you can handle a 4th A level

Quick Reply

Latest