Pets and university

Watch this thread
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I have a 125 litre fish tank and about 14 fish in there the plan was my mum would take care of them when I went to uni but her situation changed in the last couple of months and she doesn’t think she’ll be able to do it anymore, I’m planning to start at Birmingham in September 2019 and if I was in halls of residence and brought a slightly smaller tank because they will fit in one(I had way more fish when I started that tank) would I be able to bring it with me or would I need to rent privately to bring my fish tank with me?
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HobbinsE)
So I have a 125 litre fish tank and about 14 fish in there the plan was my mum would take care of them when I went to uni but her situation changed in the last couple of months and she doesn’t think she’ll be able to do it anymore, I’m planning to start at Birmingham in September 2019 and if I was in halls of residence and brought a slightly smaller tank because they will fit in one(I had way more fish when I started that tank) would I be able to bring it with me or would I need to rent privately to bring my fish tank with me?
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documen...ions-FINAL.pdf

d.
You must not keep pets or other animals in your Accommodation

Uni wont allow.
private LL might allow if you get permission during contract negotiations.
HobbinsE
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documen...ions-FINAL.pdf

d.
You must not keep pets or other animals in your Accommodation

Uni wont allow.
private LL might allow if you get permission during contract negotiations.
Ok thank you I’ll have to work on rehoming them then
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HobbinsE)
No, you can't take pets to a hall of residence. A private landlord might be unwilling to do so as well because of the risk of students breaking a tank with about 100L of water going everywhere and causing a huge amount of damage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.58%
They're exactly what I expected (66)
23.91%