Grade bands Watch

This discussion is closed.
Nathan Taylor
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hey fellow IBs,

I've been trying to get a straight answer to this question from my teachers/students/etc for some
time now, but no one can answer me.... I'm curious as to if IB's grade scale (1-7) has an official
percentage or "out of five" equivilant.... I've read one for Math Methods in an eariler post, but
I'm more curious as to History and English--somehow I get the feeling that they're different from
the science courses.

Thanks--gotta get back to studying now....bah...my non-IB friends are seeing Spiderman at this very
moment, and I'm couped up at home mulling over the Eastern Question!!

-Nathan Taylor Edmonton, Canada
Hang Hang Zhang
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
IB marks are meant to conform to a certain "standard" rather than percentage based. It varies from
year to year but generally isnt over 5% different form last year. Ask your teacher if they have any
marking summary thingies (forgot the name of them). Basically, they go through each question in
DETAIL and explain exactly where most students made mistakes. It also gives you grade boundaries. I
doubt the Nov 2001 are out yet but the May2001 and the Nov 2000 certainly are. BTW: If you do manage
to score any Nov 2001 ones, oculd you send a scanned copy this way

Xianhang Zhang

Nathan taylor wrote:

[q1]> Hey fellow IBs,[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I've been trying to get a straight answer to this question from my teachers/students/etc for some[/q1]
[q1]> time now, but no one can answer me.... I'm curious as to if IB's grade scale (1-7) has an official[/q1]
[q1]> percentage or "out of five" equivilant.... I've read one for Math Methods in an eariler post, but[/q1]
[q1]> I'm more curious as to History and English--somehow I get the feeling that they're different from[/q1]
[q1]> the science courses.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thanks--gotta get back to studying now....bah...my non-IB friends are seeing Spiderman at this[/q1]
[q1]> very moment, and I'm couped up at home mulling over the Eastern Question!! [/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> -Nathan Taylor Edmonton, Canada[/q1]
Robbo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
in article [email protected], Hang Hang Zhang at [email protected] wrote on
12/5/02 11:58 PM:

[q1]> IB marks are meant to conform to a certain "standard" rather than percentage based. It varies from[/q1]
[q1]> year to year but generally isnt over 5% different form last year. Ask your teacher if they have[/q1]
[q1]> any marking summary thingies (forgot the name of them). Basically, they go through each question[/q1]
[q1]> in DETAIL and explain exactly where most students made mistakes. It also gives you grade[/q1]
[q1]> boundaries. I doubt the Nov 2001 are out yet but the May2001 and the Nov 2000 certainly are. BTW:[/q1]
[q1]> If you do manage to score any Nov 2001 ones, oculd you send a scanned copy this way [/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Xianhang Zhang[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Nathan taylor wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]>> Hey fellow IBs,[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> I've been trying to get a straight answer to this question from my teachers/students/etc for some[/q2]
[q2]>> time now, but no one can answer me.... I'm curious as to if IB's grade scale (1-7) has an[/q2]
[q2]>> official percentage or "out of five" equivilant.... I've read one for Math Methods in an eariler[/q2]
[q2]>> post, but I'm more curious as to History and English--somehow I get the feeling that they're[/q2]
[q2]>> different from the science courses.[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> Thanks--gotta get back to studying now....bah...my non-IB friends are seeing Spiderman at this[/q2]
[q2]>> very moment, and I'm couped up at home mulling over the Eastern Question!! [/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> -Nathan Taylor Edmonton, Canada[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
November 2001 are out. My sister's school had a copy. Only for some subjects though.
Nathan Taylor
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Thanks, guys. I'll look into it.

[q2]> > BTW: If you do manage to score any Nov 2001 ones, oculd you send a scanned copy this way [/q2]
I certainly will!

-Nathan Taylor Edmonton, Canada
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads