GuruOfMaths
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im currently in yr10 doing my aqa gcse german, im struggling alot in class because of the vocab and grammar. Please could anyone advise me any sites I can use to practice. As I need to get an A star in my gcses.
HELP PLS
FudgeIt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I’m in year 10 too with the OCR spec for German. First of all I would say buy a revision guide, that by far is a lot more helpful than the majority of websites. With any language the best way to learn is with videos, films and songs from my experience. I use ‘Sam Learning’ for revision which tends to work pretty well but overall, I’ve found YouTube more helpful.

Don’t stress anyhow, the German grammar isn’t the hardest (despite it having 16 different articles xD).

The thing with languages is that you’ll only do well if you want to or are motivated which you appear to be. Don’t stress, 9s aren’t everything!

If you ever need any help with German I’d be happy to. Best of luck!
GuruOfMaths
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by FudgeIt)
Hey, I’m in year 10 too with the OCR spec for German. First of all I would say buy a revision guide, that by far is a lot more helpful than the majority of websites. With any language the best way to learn is with videos, films and songs from my experience. I use ‘Sam Learning’ for revision which tends to work pretty well but overall, I’ve found YouTube more helpful.

Don’t stress anyhow, the German grammar isn’t the hardest (despite it having 16 different articles xD).

The thing with languages is that you’ll only do well if you want to or are motivated which you appear to be. Don’t stress, 9s aren’t everything!

If you ever need any help with German I’d be happy to. Best of luck!
Thanks a lot I will surely buy a revsion guide and check the youtube!
TheBakedBean
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Quizlet is great for dealing with vocab. For grammar, as tedious as it sounds, doing exercises can really help and writing a few pieces in German can tell you what vocab you’re missing; if your teacher doesn’t mind, they can give you advice on what to improve on. ‘Easy German’ and ‘Learn German with Herr Antrim’ are good YT channels, especially for listening comprehension. For speaking, just keep calm. They’re not expecting you to be perfect, just accurate and somewhat interesting.

Got an A* with the IGCSE Edexcel course. Hope that gives me some credibility.
em is tired
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by richmanswagoh)
Im currently in yr10 doing my aqa gcse german, im struggling alot in class because of the vocab and grammar. Please could anyone advise me any sites I can use to practice. As I need to get an A star in my gcses.
HELP PLS
Hi, I am studying german a level and at GCSE I got a grade 9. The sites I used were the German Stack Exchange (which is a lifesaver if you have questions about context, word order etc), Goethe Institut for listening and reading material, and the incredible Logo.de website (essentially NewsRound for german kids, the perfect ability level for listening GCSE). Also, the app Lingvist is brilliant, a better version of Quizlet with cases and gender tips.
Best of luck!
Em
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (254)
43.87%

Watched Threads