The Student Room Group

Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey lovelies, I've got to do a research project and the subject has to be related to music. I have no idea what subject to choose!!!! I was thinking something like 'how many people take drugs at concerts' or 'how much harder is it to be a successful musician than it was in the 80's' but they're just not doing it for me. Does anyone have any ideas on a super interesting subject I could look into???? PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I EXPLODE LMAO :h::h::h::h::h::h:
The affects of different types of music on people's mental state?
does the genre of music that people are most interested in relate to their iq level? (show the evidence with a scatter graph?)
Reply 3
Original post by bumblebeehugger
does the genre of music that people are most interested in relate to their iq level? (show the evidence with a scatter graph?)

oooo that would be super interesting! how would i go about getting the information though? im so bad at this kinda stuff!!!
Original post by LuciieM
oooo that would be super interesting! how would i go about getting the information though? im so bad at this kinda stuff!!!

- probably best to do it either through an online form like google docs or survey monkey so you could attach a link to an online iq test
- ask them to complete the test and give their results
- give a 1-10 or 1-5 scale as to how much the person likes a genre (e.g. one scale for pop, one for rock, r&b, kpop, musicals, etc)
- i did some research and i think the best way to present the information is to do a scatter graph for each genre - how much they liked the genre along the bottom and how high thier iq score was up the side
- make sure to send it to people of all different ages/generations to get wider results

i know that might be confusing so i can give you an example if you want :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bumblebeehugger
- probably best to do it either through an online form like google docs or survey monkey so you could attach a link to an online iq test
- ask them to complete the test and give their results
- give a 1-10 or 1-5 scale as to how much the person likes a genre (e.g. one scale for pop, one for rock, r&b, kpop, musicals, etc)
- i did some research and i think the best way to present the information is to do a scatter graph for each genre - how much they liked the genre along the bottom and how high thier iq score was up the side
- make sure to send it to people of all different ages/generations to get wider results

i know that might be confusing so i can give you an example if you want :smile:

thank you so much for your help you have no idea how much i appreciate it! an example would be amazing, would email/facebook be any easier? :smile:
Original post by LuciieM
thank you so much for your help you have no idea how much i appreciate it! an example would be amazing, would email/facebook be any easier? :smile:

yea sure, i don't really use facebook so let me know your email and i'll send some stuff across!

Quick Reply

Latest