My Faz-tastic journey to success - GYG 2018/19 Watch

Fazzy_77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Thursday 1st November 2018

Sorry if this sound a bit like a rant - school makes me feel... idek the word; irritable? annoyed? tired?

Chemistry:
So today in chem we were just going through titration calculations to find formulae, which was pretty straight-forward. Surprisingly, I'm not hating chemistry like I thought I would . HOWEVER, we still don't have our textbooks! We've been asking for them since forever but its been 2 months since school started and they're still nowhere to be seen. It's unbelievable really and so frustrating, smh.

Scholar Elective: Steps 2 scholar
This elective is such a waste of my time tbh. It's just for revision tips and stuff which I can find online anyways. I feel like it would be so much better for me to just have a private study period instead, where I could actually do some work for my subjects. Anyways, my teacher wasn't in today so we just took it as a free period.

Scholar Elective: Maths +
For someone who's enjoyed maths since forever, this elective is actually the worst. The teacher is such a bore and we go through random things, which could actually be really interesting if my teacher wasn't so monotone .

Private Study:
I managed to finish off some notes for economics on market equilibrium and associative markets.

In Other News:
I got the job! So, even though I got rejected about two days ago, I got an email today saying that I was hired! I'm guessing someone dropped out so there was another space to fill, but I'm honestly ecstatic! Can't wait for that first pay check...

Thanks for reading!

Beautiful people:
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which exam board are you using for chemistry? most of them should have published textbooks by now (maybe your school is being slow)
yay for getting that job!! :woo:
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Which exam board are you using for chemistry? most of them should have published textbooks by now (maybe your school is being slow)
yay for getting that job!! :woo:
OCR - yeah I have an online copy that my friend sent me but its just useful to have a hard copy as well.
Thanks
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
OCR - yeah I have an online copy that my friend sent me but its just useful to have a hard copy as well.
Thanks
yeah, i get you :yes: hope they turn up soon!
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Tuesday 6th November 2018

I've been in such a bad mood since last Friday. I had some personal problems, which kept me occupied for the whole weekend as well as yesterday, so I had to miss school. I feel so behind on my work but hopefully I'll catch up soon.

PSHE:
I class today we just dicussed resilience and how we should develop this trait within ourselves. Seriously though, I really need to become more resilient - these past couple of days I've just felt like giving up on everything really

Economics:
I only had one period of economics because of PSHE and my teacher wasn't in, which could only mean one thing - the class went wild! Someone logged into the teachers computer and started blasting music so loudly I was surprised that no teachers came to see. It was actually quite irritating but whatever. I just started making my notes on price elasticity, which I will have to definitely check over since I don't think anything went in my head with all the music that was playing.

Chemistry:
Once again, no teacher. We got the cover work and found ourselves a room to 'work' in. We started the first couple of questions, then got bored so we just started talking about pretty much anything BUT chemistry . My bad.

In Other News:
I had the UKMT maths challenge after lunch today and I think it was pretty decent. I only answered the first 15 since I didnt want to guess the others and lose marks.
Also, STILL no chemistry textbooks :mad:. It will be a miracle if we get them before Christmas.

Thanks for reading!

Name:  nelsonmandela1-2x.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  20.4 KB
Beautiful people:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:console: Hope your problems get resolved soon
lol, same.. resilience just isn't one of my skills
RazzzBerries
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh no! I hope your problems get better xx

I used to do the UKMT challenge! Got a bronze once Lol I’m not the brightest maths bulb 💡
Well done on managing that! They’re so hard SKJKJKJ 😂
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
:console: Hope your problems get resolved soon
lol, same.. resilience just isn't one of my skills
Thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show

I've been trying to rep so many of your posts but PRSOM
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Oh no! I hope your problems get better xx

I used to do the UKMT challenge! Got a bronze once Lol I’m not the brightest maths bulb 💡
Well done on managing that! They’re so hard SKJKJKJ 😂
Thank you! :^_^:

Well done for the bronze! They really are quite difficult. I got a bronze for intermediate level but never got the certificate
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you! :^_^:

Well done for the bronze! They really are quite difficult. I got a bronze for intermediate level but never got the certificate
Lol I’m so glad we don’t do them anymore
Oh no! I thought you get a certificate though?!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks! :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show

I've been trying to rep so many of your posts but PRSOM

:hugs:
lol, same, prsom :five:
_Mia101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
UKMT is the actual worst! I'm pretty sure they are harder than GCSE/ A-Level math. :mad:

Also can you tag me?
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Lol I’m so glad we don’t do them anymore
Oh no! I thought you get a certificate though?!
Yeah, I was supposed to but my school never gave it I asked for like 2 years straight but oh well.
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Mia101)
UKMT is the actual worst! I'm pretty sure they are harder than GCSE/ A-Level math. :mad:

Also can you tag me?
I know right!
And yepp, I'll tag you
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?

Thursday 8th November 2018

Today was the longest day ever! I was in school from 8:30 till 6pm because I was a student ambassador for our sixth form open evening today. It was so tiring but I enjoyed talking to students about maths at my sixth form.

Chemistry:
Once again my teacher wasn't in and the work she set was things that we'd already done so it was pretty much a free period. Me and my friends just had some interesting conversations about pretty much everything from politics to celebrities and the usual teenage gossip

Scholar Elective: Steps 2 Scholars
Honestly, I zoned out in this class but I believe it was something to do with reviewing our work every week? I genuinely have no idea why the school think some of these electives are actually 'enriching' as the like to say. Most of them really don't help us in any way.

Scholar Elective: Maths +
THE ABSOLUTE WORST ELECTIVE EVER! I love maths but even the most passionate mathematician would hate this class. Smh.

Private Study:
I got a start on my mechanics homework, which I first thought looked pretty easy, but boy was I wrong . I'm really struggling with mechanics already and we've barely started - any tips would be really appreciated! I also helped a classmate who's resitting maths with some questions - it just made me realise how much I miss gcse maths

In Other News:
From 4 to 6pm I helped out with promoting maths in our sixth form - I genuinely didn't expect THAT many people to turn up but it was packed! The geography class was opposite us so we just competed with each other to see who could get the most people to go into our classrooms, which was really funny.

Thanks for reading!

Beautiful People:
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah, I was supposed to but my school never gave it I asked for like 2 years straight but oh well.
Oh my. That's so unfair! You need to protest
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Oh my. That's so unfair! You need to protest
PRSOM!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you're really really stuck with mechanics, the study help forum would be more than happy to clarify anything. My PMs are also open if you don't want to post there. As for general tips, for anything related to forces, draw a diagram and label your forces. Read the questions carefully and circle any information that you think could be important. :thumbsup:
Take a break this weekend :yes:
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
If you're really really stuck with mechanics, the study help forum would be more than happy to clarify anything. My PMs are also open if you don't want to post there. As for general tips, for anything related to forces, draw a diagram and label your forces. Read the questions carefully and circle any information that you think could be important. :thumbsup:
Take a break this weekend :yes:
That's really useful to know. Thank you so much! :hugs:
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Monday 12th November 2018

Private Study:
I managed to get started on some of the economics work we were set - they were mainly just multiple choice questions on elasticity. Lets just say that I know what I need to revise now . Anyways, during the session when it was dead silent, the thunder that came was so sudden and random that pretty much everyone jumped; it was actually so funny . But honestly, what is this weather?! I hate this time of the year when it gets colder and wetter

Private Study: (again)
Yepp, that's right - I have 4 periods of private study on a Monday, one after the other. I love it though, since I can manage to get a a lot of work done (or sleep), either way, it's just great . At the start of this session, we had to do the 2 minute silence for rememberance day and then afterwards I just read my book - (if anyone has any book recommendations, I'd love to hear them).

Maths:
In the first period we just finished our unit on straight line graphs by doing some direct proportion questions. Second period, I have to move classes and my mechanincs teacher comes to 'teach' us. The lesson is pretty much always the same - he makes us do questions from the textbook and when he tries to go over them, we just end up correcting the (several) mistakes that he makes.

In Other News:
Lunch was absolutely disgusting today - imagine chicken and mushroom pie but slimy and ughh. My school is trying out a new catering thing but everything about it is horrible - the pricing, the portions and most definitely the taste.

Thanks for reading!

Name:  1_13.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  78.7 KB
Beautiful People:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.98%
Leave (220)
20.02%

Watched Threads