The Student Room Group

Extended Project on Law

I am planning to go to university to study Law, so therefore I figured doing an EPQ on Law made sense! My chosen questions are:
1. Should ‘upskirting’ become a criminal law?
2. Should the family of the victim be consulted about sentencing the accused?
3. Is the purpose of prison to punish, to deter, to rehabilitate, or simply to house those who cannot integrate into society?
4. Should the law be executed in the same way for every person, even for those who may be mentally unstable?
5. Should a ‘life sentence’ actually be lifelong?

These are five that I have already made up and I was just looking for some feedback or any other ideas from other peoples experiences! :smile:
Thanks x
Original post by paigescottx
I am planning to go to university to study Law, so therefore I figured doing an EPQ on Law made sense! My chosen questions are:
1. Should ‘upskirting’ become a criminal law?
2. Should the family of the victim be consulted about sentencing the accused?
3. Is the purpose of prison to punish, to deter, to rehabilitate, or simply to house those who cannot integrate into society?
4. Should the law be executed in the same way for every person, even for those who may be mentally unstable?
5. Should a ‘life sentence’ actually be lifelong?

These are five that I have already made up and I was just looking for some feedback or any other ideas from other peoples experiences! :smile:
Thanks x

My favourite by far is 4. It's so current with everything relative to mental health. You could also include some amazing case studies and compare them to each other. I think the main thing about the EPQ is to just listed to the teachers especially if they are marking it themselves like my teachers are. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Thankyou ever so much for your feedback! I will definitely be looking into it much further!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending