The Student Room Group

Parent with anxiety

I suppose it's anxiety, fits the symptoms I've read online (yeah, I know, don't trust symptoms you find online, but --), yet it often feels like they're about to go mad. Totally unreasonable about everything, gets worked up about the tiniest thing, complains about stress etc and doesn't do anything to get better. Yelling and screaming, crying, arguments all the time, not getting any better, saying it's the end (of what? the world, the marriage, the family?? idk), threatening to leave, wanting my other parent to leave...

So I think they need psychological help, but how are we supposed to get them to go to the doctor's or the hospital? They're not admitting how bad their mental health is, just blaming everything that goes wrong on the rest of us, especially my other parent.

Sorry this is not very detailed, I feel quite awkward about posting this online (didn't even mention whether it's mum or dad), but I really need some advice, I just don't know what to do now.
it could just be stress anxiety is really just fear and worry times a million but it could just be stress probably have stuff going on at work or between them or just having a bad time in general

Quick Reply

Latest