The Student Room Group

Struggling with integration at A2

For differentiation you had to memorise simple rules e.g. the derivative of six is cosx but other than that all you needed was to memorise formulas e.g. (v du/dx -u dv/dx)/v^2.I feel like integration doesn't really have much formulas atlas at A2.I am really struggling with reverse chain rule just trying to memorise past answers to questions and see if the same patterns Ould follow but the pattern seems very irregular.If anyone knows any formulas for integration except (x^n+1)/n+1 than please let me know.

Need to go through it and apply it for method to sink in thank you very much.
Original post by Anonymous1502
For differentiation you had to memorise simple rules e.g. the derivative of six is cosx but other than that all you needed was to memorise formulas e.g. (v du/dx -u dv/dx)/v^2.I feel like integration doesn't really have much formulas atlas at A2.I am really struggling with reverse chain rule just trying to memorise past answers to questions and see if the same patterns Ould follow but the pattern seems very irregular.If anyone knows any formulas for integration except (x^n+1)/n+1 than please let me know.

Practise lots of questions; you'll find that most of it is memorisation.

Quick Reply

Latest