URGENT! Expected to wear colours of our project to uni Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We're doing a project and have been told to dress in the colours included in our project. I don't have any of those colour clothing. Is is compulsory I wear those colours? Too bad if it is because I haven't got those coloured clothing.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We're doing a project and have been told to dress in the colours included in our project. I don't have any of those colour clothing. Is is compulsory I wear those colours? Too bad if it is because I haven't got those coloured clothing.
Ask your flat mates if they’ve got anything that you can borrow
eightbo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Think big picture:

If you were in the workplace and you had such a problem -- would you really not find a way to comply with the rules?

Your approach to problem-solving and your mindset are two things you can guarantee employers will be looking for, so you're left with two choices:
a) Find a way to at least make an effort in some manner (use coloured card or whatever, get creative)
b) Not bother because you had no clothes of that colour

B risks a loss in grade; and subsequently employability (I'd argue fairly). A does not.

You choose.
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Check out your local charity shops.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Borrow from friends, charity shops, cheap shops like Primark, etc.

"Too bad" isn't really good enough. If you've been told to do something then you do it. It'll reflect badly on you if you don't.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Too late now, I went in without the project coloured clothing and no one even asked and not many people bothered either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
11.11%
They might tell the bully (2)
11.11%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
27.78%

Watched Threads