Tanya2502
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys i currently have psychology, Sociology, Global perspectives, economics and English for as levels! Planning to drop global perspectives after my as levels! I want to take law as that's what I want to pursue in future.. My school does not offer AS and A level law.. Is it an easy subject that I can self study? If yes pls share some tips! Thank you!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tanya2502)
Hey guys i currently have psychology, Sociology, Global perspectives and English for as levels! Planning to drop global perspectives after my as levels! I want to take law as that's what I want to pursue in future.. My school does not offer AS and A level law.. Is it an easy subject that I can self study? If yes pls share some tips! Thank you!
You don't need to study law to do it at uni. Psychology, sociology and English are enough on their own.
Tanya2502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
You don't need to study law to do it at uni. Psychology, sociology and English are enough on their own.
I want 5 subjects to keep me busy, and I'm really interested in studying law.. so pls help by saying if law self study is easy or not.. Thank you for your reply 😊
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I want 5 subjects to keep me busy, and I'm really interested in studying law.. so pls help by saying if law self study is easy or not.. Thank you for your reply 😊
Five subjects at A level is totally unnecessary and you risk doing badly in all of them by spreading yourself too thinly. Your university offer will be for three subjects.

I'm sure someone will post later on telling you what you want to hear.
Tanya2502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Five subjects at A level is totally unnecessary and you risk doing badly in all of them by spreading yourself too thinly. Your university offer will be for three subjects.

I'm sure someone will post later on telling you what you want to hear.
Thanks a lot for the advice 😊
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless you're not only extremely intelligent but extraordinarily extremely intelligent, doing 5 A-Levels is not going to be manageable. You're going to end up with shoddy grades, probably Bs and Cs. Do not do it.

Self-studying is of course doable, but you're probably going to get a *****y grade doing it.

Doing 3 A-Levels is sufficient. 4 A-Levels if you're trying to show off. A 5th, and a self-study one at that, is a complete waste of time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (216)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.04%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.66%

Watched Threads