The Student Room Group

the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership GBC (BPS).

Hi

are there anyone who know about GBC?

Is the Graduate Basis for Chartered Status the same with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership(GBC)?

on the Mancherster webpage, they siad 'MEd Educational Psychology confers eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Status from the British Psychological Society (BPS).'

It means I can get GBC after finishing the course?

in the case of York, they said 'This MSc is a conversion course which provides Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS).'

The reason why I am confused is the words at the end of the term are different.
'status and membership'

and, Bristol said' Successful students will be eligible to apply for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the BPS and for further professional training accredited by the BPS. ', which means that I won't get the GBC as soon as after completing the course and, if I want to get GBC, I have to apply for it after course. right?

please help me
Reply 1
They’re the same thing, and you apply for GBC after graduation.
So basically, completing an accredited Psychology undergrad or conversion course means that you'll then be able to apply for graduate membership of the BPS, which is what you need to get onto a Masters course in Psychology. You apply online, have to give proof of your eligibility i.e scans of certificates, and then pay a fee. You'll get a letter in the post with a membership card and a magazine every so often.

Quick Reply

Latest