Bad GCSE prediction grades :( Watch

Calypso Xeno
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
My gcse prediction grades are bad... all 5s .... I want to do maths and science at college but idek if I can get accepted. The thing is, I got bad prediction grades because I didn’t revise.. (I know I know it was bad but at that time I didn’t have any motivation ) obviously I plan to try way harder for the real GCSEs but I don’t think I’ll get accepted into any colleges with these prediction grades I know I am completely capable of getting at least a 7 in maths...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Calypso Xeno)
My gcse prediction grades are bad... all 5s .... I want to do maths and science at college but idek if I can get accepted. The thing is, I got bad prediction grades because I didn’t revise.. (I know I know it was bad but at that time I didn’t have any motivation ) obviously I plan to try way harder for the real GCSEs but I don’t think I’ll get accepted into any colleges with these prediction grades I know I am completely capable of getting at least a 7 in maths...
From my experience, you don't need an offer from your school before GCSEs to still get a place in Y12. On results day if you get good grades, they'll let you in. So don't worry about the offer at the moment, but instead try your hardest to do well in your GCSE exams.

It's best to start preparing early
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Work hard this term so that before you need to apply for a sixth form [including your own school]you have better predictions. Ultimately it's your results that really matter as to whether you will get a place.
alecdow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't worry. Just revise as much as possible and be a hard worker, I'm 95% sure that it will increase your prediction grade, increasing your self esteem.

Remember, no scores matter until your real exam!

Good luck and study hard!
Supernovas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
GCSE predicted grades don't matter. When I got my predicted grades 2 years ago they were a large mix BUT most places will let you come in on enrolment day with your exam results and from then they will offer you a place and the courses of your choice IF your real results meet the criteria. Don't feel too disheartened, if you need the motivation to study, makes gyg thread on here. It helps a lot of people!
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grade A)
From my experience, you don't need an offer from your school before GCSEs to still get a place in Y12. On results day if you get good grades, they'll let you in. So don't worry about the offer at the moment, but instead try your hardest to do well in your GCSE exams.

It's best to start preparing early
Thankyou !
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Work hard this term so that before you need to apply for a sixth form [including your own school]you have better predictions. Ultimately it's your results that really matter as to whether you will get a place.
Thanks !
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm assuming you're in year 11 in which case you still have plenty of time to improve !! Use websites such as mathsgenie for maths, and physics and math tutor for sciences and remember for revision, quality is much more important that quantity. No joke, I was predicted a 5 in biology and ended up with an 8, mostly thanks to great online resources and revision techniques. Good luck, it's not too late to start
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemuffin)
I'm assuming you're in year 11 in which case you still have plenty of time to improve !! Use websites such as mathsgenie for maths, and physics and math tutor for sciences and remember for revision, quality is much more important that quantity. No joke, I was predicted a 5 in biology and ended up with an 8, mostly thanks to great online resources and revision techniques. Good luck, it's not too late to start
That’s an amazing result and thankyou !
Presence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
predicted grades in gcse are rubbish , just work hard, i got a predicted grade of 4 in english and i worked hard and got 9
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't leave work until later. If you can get a 7 in maths, prove it and put in the necessary work.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
hey i got a 7 in maths in my most recent mock! of course you can improve! i was predicted a 5 lol
ThunderBeard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s 8 months old
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
hey i got a 7 in maths in my most recent mock! of course you can improve! i was predicted a 5 lol
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
o h w h o o p s
(Original post by ThunderBeard)
It’s 8 months old
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (335)
15.65%
The paper was reasonable (1168)
54.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (462)
21.58%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.22%

Watched Threads