?
Report 6 months ago
One rejection post interview.
yabo11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
did you guys end up getting your offers or did you take a gap/ go through clearing?
tomhoney380
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by yabo11)
did you guys end up getting your offers or did you take a gap/ go through clearing?
I'm on a gap year this year having previously been rejected post interview from 3 med schools and one pre interview from one - now I have 3 offers and one waiting post interview so anything is possible it's just how you play the interview game as there's deffo certain criteria you just always have to meet
Overthinking
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Got 3/4 rejections so far, waiting for the last one. I know it’s going to be bad news. What are other people’s plans?
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Overthinking)
Got 3/4 rejections so far, waiting for the last one. I know it’s going to be bad news. What are other people’s plans?
Considering all you need is one offer, I absolutely wouldn't give up yet if I were you.
Sometimes your own perception is misleading.
alstudent_2019
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
Considering all you need is one offer, I absolutely wouldn't give up yet if I were you.
Sometimes your own perception is misleading.
I see you everywhere lol

on a good note, very true. Thought after my first rejection everything was gonna go downhill lol totally threw my confidence.
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by alstudent_2019)
I see you everywhere lol

on a good note, very true. Thought after my first rejection everything was gonna go downhill lol totally threw my confidence.
Same! but now that I have an offer the rejection just doesn't matter and I couldn't care less about it
alstudent_2019
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by arigziegler)
Same! but now that I have an offer the rejection just doesn't matter and I couldn't care less about it
manchester i'm assuming??
What?!?
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Got rejected peeps from uni of Brum would have been my firm. Still waiting to hear from my other 3. Ngl I feel hopeless
TCL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Now that so many medical schools have sent out all their offers, there are lots of very good applicants with no offers. It appears that there are now 4 options:

1 - Keep trying for 2019 - through UCAS Extra, clearing, waiting lists, listening out for any med schools informally re-opening applications;

2 - Take a year out, work out how to make your application stronger and/or apply more strategically next time;

3 - Do a medical related degree and apply as a graduate or try to transfer at the end of the first year;

4 - Give up on medicine and try something else!

What are people planning to do? Anybody with advice/experience to share for people in this situation?
sweet pearl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I applied for medicine and have been unsuccessful. I have my back up pharmacy. But is clearing realistic or is it just a stab in the dark with medicine. If i get the grades will they call me for an interview?
I need some advice thanks.
freshinmymind
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
a few places are open now in UCAS Extra, so that might be worth a look? you would have to reject your backup to do it though :/
(Original post by sweet pearl)
I applied for medicine and have been unsuccessful. I have my back up pharmacy. But is clearing realistic or is it just a stab in the dark with medicine. If i get the grades will they call me for an interview?
I need some advice thanks.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As above, look at what is available in UCAS Extra. Lancaster Uni have announced that they have some more medicine places available? You could give Admissions a call if you have the predicted grades, to discuss your chances of being accepted if you were to apply via Extra
sweet pearl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ok I will do that thank you very much. Will they ask me to come for an interview.
(Original post by harrysbar)
As above, look at what is available in UCAS Extra. Lancaster Uni have announced that they have some more medicine places available? You could give Admissions a call if you have the predicted grades, to discuss your chances of being accepted if you were to apply via Extra
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ok I will do that thank you very much. Will they ask me to come for an interview.
I don't know, just give them a call
sweet pearl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don't know, just give them a call
I've just checked and they require the BMAT which I didn't take unfortunately. So I'll just keep looking thanks you for your help😊
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've just checked and they require the BMAT which I didn't take unfortunately. So I'll just keep looking thanks you for your help😊
Aw, sorry to hear that
sweet pearl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Aw, sorry to hear that
It's ok. Do you think clearing would be an idea. I know that St George's do clearing. But they might not this year.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's ok. Do you think clearing would be an idea. I know that St George's do clearing. But they might not this year.
It's possible there will be a small number of vacancies in Clearing. St George's was last year, and other unis that sometimes pop up in Clearing are Leicester and Sheffield. But who knows which unis will be in it this year?
sweet pearl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's possible there will be a small number of vacancies in Clearing. St George's was last year, and other unis that sometimes pop up in Clearing are Leicester and Sheffield. But who knows which unis will be in it this year?
Yes that is true. Oh well I'll have to wait and see.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%