Official Medicine Rejects, circa 2019 Watch

Saltystud3nt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I received 4 rejections for medical school, 2 pre interview and 2 post interview (which I found out within 5 minutes of each other)

Could anyone advise on what to do on results day? And on the day if I call up is it on a first come first serve basis?
ax12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Saltystud3nt)
I received 4 rejections for medical school, 2 pre interview and 2 post interview (which I found out within 5 minutes of each other)

Could anyone advise on what to do on results day? And on the day if I call up is it on a first come first serve basis?
Call all of them with your UKCAT and BMAT score and A levels ready. It isn’t first come first served on the day but they might close the adjustment/clearing applications after a certain time or after the day itself. They probably have the info on their website as well.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Waterfall7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Leicester have just been offered A100 places through UCAS extra. Thought it might be of interest to anyone who hasn’t received any offers this year: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/ucas-extra . All the best!
ax12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Waterfall7)
Leicester have just been offered A100 places through UCAS extra. Thought it might be of interest to anyone who hasn’t received any offers this year: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/ucas-extra . All the best!
Note that you need achieved grades (not predicted) and not have been interviewed already
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
shreyavevo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Waterfall7)
thank you so much for this! just wondering, if i get accepted via extra choice, the semester starts in September 2019 and not next year right?
TCL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ax12)
Note that you need achieved grades (not predicted) and not have been interviewed already
Yes, wording was a bit ambiguous so I called to check. You need to have achieved results and to have already applied for medicine in this cycle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%