username4215606
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What's the best way to revise physics/all the sciences? (GCSE)
I have a physics test next thursday and i'm terrified- the topics are scalars and vectors, lenses, and radiation.

I find that note-taking doesn't help much for me, are there any effective ways you guys have to revise?

Oh and i'm more of a visual learner, and I also benefit from the cover and recall technique.
Ferrari101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you benefit form cover and recall
Then my best advice is that you first read the topic and revise it by cover and recall then do a past paper to test on what you remember!
So the questions you get wrong means you need more more practice on this topic so revise it again and make a flash cards with key words to help you answer.
I make flash cards of diagrams and key words to help me understand the physics behind it or how to use it the answers.
For physics practice is the main thing that helps, the more past papers and questions you do, the better understanding you get of what type of questions may appear and you will understand them better Bae understand how to answer them properly.
Hope this helps 😊🤞
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
past papers?
modus operandi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
make flashcards for all of the formulas, the practicals and the key facts/questions that always come up, do and mark the specimen papers, get the cgp question books if u can, especially the grade 9 question one (it had a question almost identical one on the aqa exam). thats what i did anyway amd notemaking didn't really help me in physics (ended up with a 9 ). Good luck! xx
gracehumph
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by peachystudy)
What's the best way to revise physics/all the sciences? (GCSE)
I have a physics test next thursday and i'm terrified- the topics are scalars and vectors, lenses, and radiation.

I find that note-taking doesn't help much for me, are there any effective ways you guys have to revise?

Oh and i'm more of a visual learner, and I also benefit from the cover and recall technique.
For me, the sciences are most easily learnt when doing past papers and then making notes on the topics you didn't understand. However, I understand that because this is a specific topic case, that it may be more difficult to do so.

I sometimes like to stick sticky notes with important dates, facts, etc on my bedroom wall to stimulate my brain, even when lying in bed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (86)
13.96%
I'm not sure (29)
4.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (195)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.11%
I'm not a current university student (293)
47.56%

Watched Threads