16 Job advice

Watch this thread
zainx1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just recently turned 16, got my GCSE’s in 2019.
Is it worth getting any form of job right now or should I study for my GCSE’s?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
yes id reccomend getting a job asap, its the most valuable asset to an employer - shows youre dedicated and hard working assuming you get a good reference. fairly hard to get a full on job at 16, but i know that greggs hire 16 year olds
zainx1
Rep:
What about the studying side of things because I also use the gym about 3 times a week how would I cram studying,gym and a job all in?!?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zainx1)
What about the studying side of things because I also use the gym about 3 times a week how would I cram studying,gym and a job all in?!?
if you know how to effectively revise it wont be a problem, i spent 1-2 hours on weekdays afterschool revising and came out with 9s, some people in my class revised for 6 hours a day and got 5s, all depends on how you effectively revise.
gcses shouldnt be taking over your entire life, assuming you finish school at half 3 and spend an hour at the gym including travel that makes it to about 5 o clock, you still have 5 hours to work, revise, eat, shower etc depending on when you sleep. you will have less free time sure, but to be successful thats the price you pay. if youre spending 4+ hours per day revising and not getting atleast straight 8s you need to research better revision techniques.
zainx1
Rep:
Extreamly helpful thank you
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zainx1)
Just recently turned 16, got my GCSE’s in 2019.
Is it worth getting any form of job right now or should I study for my GCSE’s?
You can start looking for jobs now. But just be aware that quite a few places wont take you on until you actually leave school (i.e. the end of june)
zainx1
Rep:
What types of places do you think I could get a job at working only weekends?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads