Spanish A-Level????? Watch

W3BBY
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey everyone!
So, I'm taking my GCSE this year and I'm not doing spanish (from some bad decisions). But I really want to do spanish for my A-Levels so that I can study at a spanish Uni. I might be moving to an english school in Madrid for my A levels where I can pick up spanish fast.
The problem is that I probably would need Spanish GCSE in order to do A Level Spanish. I do grasp spanish quite easily, and I try my best to speak/learn at home. Should I have a stab at taking the GCSE spanish exam seperatley in 2019? Or should I do it in 2020 and then take my spanish A level during my gap year or something?
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
is there any chance you'd be able to talk to one of the teachers to see if you can be entered for gcse spanish (2019??) or do you think you need a bit longer to learn the spec?
W3BBY
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
is there any chance you'd be able to talk to one of the teachers to see if you can be entered for gcse spanish (2019??) or do you think you need a bit longer to learn the spec?
I think i'd need longer to learn the spec. But would there be any point in having a stab at it anyway?
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by W3BBY)
I think i'd need longer to learn the spec. But would there be any point in having a stab at it anyway?
there might be, though there may be a chance that if you're proficient enough at spanish you can do the a-level without the gcse; maybe talk to your language teachers for advice- eg. could you do the a-level without doing the gcse? doing the a-level in your gap year doesn't sound like a bad idea though.
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Most modern language courses at uni allow you to take a language ab initio (from scratch), and this could be Spanish for you. However you would need an A level in another language as you generally do two languages, with one being post-A Level.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
W3BBY
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
there might be, though there may be a chance that if you're proficient enough at spanish you can do the a-level without the gcse; maybe talk to your language teachers for advice- eg. could you do the a-level without doing the gcse? doing the a-level in your gap year doesn't sound like a bad idea though.
Thanks for the advice. Ill do the GCSE if i need to.
W3BBY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trillo)
Most modern language courses at uni allow you to take a language ab initio (from scratch), and this could be Spanish for you. However you would need an A level in another language as you generally do two languages, with one being post-A Level.
oh. I don't want to do modern language in uni. I would just like to study Bio in a spanish uni (so probably in spanish)
Trillo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by W3BBY)
oh. I don't want to do modern language in uni. I would just like to study Bio in a spanish uni (so probably in spanish)
Oh my bad I didn't read your post very carefully, sorry.
W3BBY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trillo)
Oh my bad I didn't read your post very carefully, sorry.
No problem
massssssss_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! Hope your studies are going well!

If you’re still looking to learn Spanish (and have a basic knowledge of Spanish) I’m a Spanish online tutor - im doing Modern Languages at uni at the moment and would love to help if it’s something you’re looking for! Happy to help with grammar / oral skills etc!

Here’s a link to my online space if you’d like to get in touch - www.mytutor.co.uk/tutors/159082/

Good luck with your other subjects x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (150)
18.56%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed