Higher Business Management 2018/19 Watch

Louisa_xox
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same, fair to say I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, is there anything you're having trouble with?

(Original post by katherine340)
I wish there was more time to prepare
Louisa_xox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
pretty much, they could ask about the advantages/disadvantages of being a franchisor and then the same for franchisee
(Original post by sophiec011)
anyone know what they could ask about franchises? would it just be like advantages and disadvantages?
katherine340
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Louisa_xox)
same, fair to say I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, is there anything you're having trouble with?
Too many things haha especially the finance and HR unit. I hate workforce planning,employee relations and also the ratios from finance.
Is there something you don’t like/struggle?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by katherine340; 1 week ago
Weird Individual
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is it just me or business exam is indeed going to be a nightmare, especially because I've got additional time which in total makes me stay in exam room for 3hrs 18mins without breaks?
Aaron_0610
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Weird Individual)
Is it just me or business exam is indeed going to be a nightmare, especially because I've got additional time which in total makes me stay in exam room for 3hrs 18mins without breaks?
It should only be 2 hours, 45 minutes unless you get extra time? if so rip that's a long time xd
katherine340
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve got additional time as well but I’m afraid I won’t be able to finish everything on time as there is too many questions to answer. I will stay in the exam room for 3 hrs and 12 mins. You can always leave the exam room when you are finished I think?
Weird Individual
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve got additional time as well but I’m afraid I won’t be able to finish everything on time as there is too many questions to answer. I will stay in the exam room for 3 hrs and 12 mins. You can always leave the exam room when you are finished I think?
Well, in my case SQA examiners are not eager to let people out usually until everyone else is done. Nonetheless, the possibility of being there for 3hrs or so is quite worrying. Also I'm quite worried that my common sense will just turn off upon opening the exam paper.

By the way, good luck to you all, we all will need that I suppose xD
Louisa_xox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Too many things haha especially the finance and HR unit. I hate workforce planning,employee relations and also the ratios from finance.
Is there something you don’t like/struggle?
exactly all the same things as you. i just can't get the HR unit into my head, particularly the institutions involved and I also don't like logistics
katherine340
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Louisa_xox)
exactly all the same things as you. i just can't get the HR unit into my head, particularly the institutions involved and I also don't like logistics
Same, I think it’s because HR is the last unit and there hasn’t been time to get it in our heads. Where as Understanding business, marketing and operations was on the prelim as well and we know them better.
Last edited by katherine340; 1 week ago
katherine340
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, in my case SQA examiners are not eager to let people out usually until everyone else is done. Nonetheless, the possibility of being there for 3hrs or so is quite worrying. Also I'm quite worried that my common sense will just turn off upon opening the exam paper.

By the way, good luck to you all, we all will need that I suppose xD
I think as long as you have questions to do for the 3 hrs it won’t be worrying. I feel the same about the common sense hahah I hope that doesn’t happen tho.
good luck to you too.
Louisa_xox
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah agreed, if had more time I know that I could understand them better but hopefully there shouldn't be too many questions on that stuff
Same, I think it’s because HR is the last unit and there hasn’t been time to get it in our heads. Where as Understanding business, marketing and operations was on the prelim as well and we know them better.
Aaron_0610
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've got like 2 hours and a half to study, I know most of the economy, franchise, multinationals, structures stuff. What else should I be studying? (I also know JIT, some Quality stuff, product portfolio, some pricing strategies, some promotions).

HELP!!
ellaaaax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can someone please help? what is the role of a manager in making decisions. i have notes on planning and organising but i’m not sure if that’s correct.
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you should remember the formula for ratios and what they tell you. also what ratios are liquidity, efficiency or profitability. Also try and remember sources of finance and purpose of preparing financial statements. basically the whole finance section!!
(Original post by Aaron_0610)
I've got like 2 hours and a half to study, I know most of the economy, franchise, multinationals, structures stuff. What else should I be studying? (I also know JIT, some Quality stuff, product portfolio, some pricing strategies, some promotions).

HELP!!
katherine340
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellaaaax)
can someone please help? what is the role of a manager in making decisions. i have notes on planning and organising but i’m not sure if that’s correct.
Hope this helps
Name:  12DF9516-E2E2-41F5-A551-7FDC9F3B3331.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  33.9 KB
sophiec011
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
methods of production, types of decissions and conflicts!
(Original post by Aaron_0610)

HELP!!
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you so much!!

Hope this helps
Name:  12DF9516-E2E2-41F5-A551-7FDC9F3B3331.jpg.jpeg
Views: 5
Size:  33.9 KB
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what are the appropriate sources of finance for a plc?
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellaaaax)
what are the appropriate sources of finance for a plc?
Bank loans, mortgages, share issue, sale and leaseback, debentures... most sources are ok for a PLC
ellaaaax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thank you very much!!
(Original post by 536458)
Bank loans, mortgages, share issue, sale and leaseback, debentures... most sources are ok for a PLC
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads