Extremely urgent: Must decide right now

Watch
JaiJevan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Background :

A levels that I wanted to maths,physics,chem are full.

Have to decide between maths, chem, something else
Or between maths , phys, something else.

Something else being- ENG LIT or Bio.
Can decide if I want to change to art a bit later.

Undecided as to what I want to do in future. Would like to get in to a good uni.
Career prospects of eng lit degree? How hard is eng lit at a2?
Best subject combinations?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Sdoungsuwan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
English Literature is a highly respected A-level, for good reasons; it is quite difficult to get high marks. But if you are applying for a good UNI and think you can achieve an A-A* then id say go for it. But if you have a better chance getting high grades in Bio go for that. Bio will give you options into biomedical subjects.

English is a good subject to aid your application if you are applying into something that wants depth in your education and will enable you to stand out from other applicants. Besides it helping with essay writing and knowledge it isn’t a useful subject.
JaiJevan
Rep:
?
Thank you, any opinions physics or chemistry wise?
JaiJevan
Rep:
?
Actually when you say depth are you saying like for something like medicine or engineering , it would make me different than typical maths chem bio applicants or is it more for ppe/law ppl?
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JaiJevan)
Background :

A levels that I wanted to maths,physics,chem are full.

Have to decide between maths, chem, something else
Or between maths , phys, something else.

Something else being- ENG LIT or Bio.
Can decide if I want to change to art a bit later.

Undecided as to what I want to do in future. Would like to get in to a good uni.
Career prospects of eng lit degree? How hard is eng lit at a2?
Best subject combinations?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Math/Chem/Bio - options include Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences and related degrees, Medicine etc, Chemical Engineering
Math/Phys/Bio - options include Physics, Engineering, Computer Science. I'm personally not a fan of this combination as the biology doesn't add much to what you can do typically
Math/Phys/English - options are the same as above really, plus English degree
Math/Chem/English - options include Chemistry related degrees, possibly Chemical Engineering and also English

Of course these aren't the only degree options but these will be typical things people with these subject combinations might look into applying for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads