SudanesePrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm in year 12 now, and it's becoming increasingly important to know what I want to do at university and as a career in general.

However I don't know what I want to do, or even how to find out. I've been told many times do what you want to do, but just about everything excites me in a different way, and I want to do it.

I decided that a good way to remedy this is just do work experience in many different places. But I think this plan has drawbacks in the fact the it still fails to show what a job is like and a lot require you to do them during term time, and as I'm doing 4 a levels, school time is extremely important and precious to me.

Is there a better way to find what is for me? Or have you got any recommendations of careers that are good around, I don't think achievement is too much of a problem or hardworking, I love to work and I'm willing to work extremely hard if it gets me where I want to be.

Education is a provision for old age.
maiishaa-a
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SudanesePrince)
I'm in year 12 now, and it's becoming increasingly important to know what I want to do at university and as a career in general.

However I don't know what I want to do, or even how to find out. I've been told many times do what you want to do, but just about everything excites me in a different way, and I want to do it.

I decided that a good way to remedy this is just do work experience in many different places. But I think this plan has drawbacks in the fact the it still fails to show what a job is like and a lot require you to do them during term time, and as I'm doing 4 a levels, school time is extremely important and precious to me.

Is there a better way to find what is for me? Or have you got any recommendations of careers that are good around, I don't think achievement is too much of a problem or hardworking, I love to work and I'm willing to work extremely hard if it gets me where I want to be.

Education is a provision for old age.
What A Levels are you doing exactly? because from there you can work out what exactly you can get into
SudanesePrince
Rep:
?
(Original post by maiishaa-a)
What A Levels are you doing exactly? because from there you can work out what exactly you can get into
Bio, chem, maths and further maths. I hope I can still possibly do engineering without physics namely chemical engineering.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bio, chem, maths and further maths. I hope I can still possibly do engineering without physics namely chemical engineering.
why couldn't you do physics?
maiishaa-a
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you mentioned youre in year 12 and it's only the beginning of the year..why don't you drop one subject and do physics instead....in that way youre more likely to get into chemical engineering...you could get into medicines and dentistry with your subjects or maybe even actuary but to go into engineering im sure you need physics as well as another science and maths? idk but check out the entry requirements for chemical engineering at different universities you may be interested to get into
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Software Engineering or Computer Science homie! That's the future
SudanesePrince
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
why couldn't you do physics?
Medicine is also a viable option for me. And I think bio is more important for wannabe doctors, in terms of options for offers then physics is for chemical engineers(I think they are all about maths and physics, though physics is also very useful)
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Medicine is also a viable option for me. And I think bio is more important for wannabe doctors, in terms of options for offers then physics is for chemical engineers(I think they are all about maths and physics, though physics is also very useful)
If you wanna do Medicine, physics is not needed whereas if you want to do chem eng, physics could be useful. I'm trying to do Mech eng without physics!

I take : Maths, Computer Science, Geography
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise