Ray.peace
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome and congrats to all those that have secured their place.

Whos applying for 2019?
Where else are you applying?
What are your stats?
Where are you applying from?
username3174650
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a medicine applicant who is also applying for biomed at SGUL. I am also applying for Manchester, St George's (again), East Anglia and Southampton for medicine and my stats are 7A* 1A 1B at GCSE and 3 A's predicted in my A-levels.
Ray.peace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lmaoihategcses)
I am a medicine applicant who is also applying for biomed at SGUL. I am also applying for Manchester, St George's (again), East Anglia and Southampton for medicine and my stats are 7A* 1A 1B at GCSE and 3 A's predicted in my A-levels.
Same here. Applying to medicine at Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool and sgul biomed is my 5th choice.
Good stats. How was your ukcat score?
username3174650
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ray.peace)
Same here. Applying to medicine at Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, Liverpool and sgul biomed is my 5th choice.
Good stats. How was your ukcat score?
Would Southampton be your firm choice? What are your stats? My UKCAT was 2730 band 2. It's not amazing but the average this year was really low in comparison to other years so I hope it's enough to get interviews at all my choices.
Ray.peace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lmaoihategcses)
Would Southampton be your firm choice? What are your stats? My UKCAT was 2730 band 2. It's not amazing but the average this year was really low in comparison to other years so I hope it's enough to get interviews at all my choices.
I'm not sure which I would firm tbh. (lmao hope I get to the point where which uni to firm is my biggest dilemma).
GCSE's were 6A* 2A 1B, Predicted A*AA for A levels and UKCAT was 2780 band 2, pretty similar. Really relying on low averages too.
username3174650
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ray.peace)
I'm not sure which I would firm tbh. (lmao hope I get to the point where which uni to firm is my biggest dilemma).
GCSE's were 6A* 2A 1B, Predicted A*AA for A levels and UKCAT was 2780 band 2, pretty similar. Really relying on low averages too.
Woah we have quite similar stats overall. I think inside we all have that one fave uni lol. For me that's defo Manchester but yeah, an offer from anyone I'd be totally grateful for lmao. MMI practice is actually the bane of my existence atm tbh.
SouhaH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you all got offers yet ? Also do they hold offer holder days?
squembalina
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys is there any Facebook group chat for the university and course? X
coainecoins
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IMPORTANT, SGUL biomedical science NO LONGER HAVE IBMS ACCREDITATION.

Here is the cited e-mail:

Dear XX,

I am writing regarding a recent update to the St George’s, University of London Biomedical Science degree.

At St George’s, we regularly review the curricula of both our BSc and MSci degrees in Biomedical Science to continuously improve the programme and its structure so that students are prepared for a wide variety of careers spanning research, healthcare and industry.

During the most recent review of our undergraduate degree curriculum in Biomedical Science we made several changes, most significantly regarding the material students would be learning in the first two years of their studies. These changes were made to ensure our course continues to be a rigorous and comprehensive programme of study preparing students for a wide variety of careers. As a consequence of these changes, however, students undertaking a Biomedical Science degree will no longer graduate with Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) accreditation.

What does this mean for you? For the vast majority of students, this change will be of no consequence as IBMS accredited study is only required for students who are considering a career within the NHS as a biomedical scientist after the course. We do understand, however, that for those students wishing to pursue a career as a biomedical scientist in the NHS, an IBMS-accredited degree programme is preferable and is a factor that should be considered when making a decision when selecting the university you wish to attend. For information about pathways to registration for graduates from non IBMS-accredited programmes click here.

Should you have any questions or need additional information about what this information means for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected], or to review the course information visit sgul.ac.uk/biomed.
Kind regards,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (43)
7.98%
Confident (70)
12.99%
Indifferent (75)
13.91%
Unsure (139)
25.79%
Worried (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads