Missed half of my lectures/seminars in the first two weeks?

Watch
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been to a few but I just feel like dropping out, I havent been to any societies, I haven't gone out too much, I'm just not on track and idk how to get back on track. I feel like I've done it all wrong and now I wanna wait another year to start again. I feel like **** tbh.. cry all the time and I can't even remember why anymore. I have no idea what to do
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sign up for some random societies, go to their training, talk to people. Try to chat with your flatmates, buy some sweet and snack and invite them to watch a movie. Go to club and party all night.
Then go to the seminars/ lectures and work your a*** off.
Simple, no?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by justanotherchica)
I've been to a few but I just feel like dropping out, I havent been to any societies, I haven't gone out too much, I'm just not on track and idk how to get back on track. I feel like I've done it all wrong and now I wanna wait another year to start again. I feel like **** tbh.. cry all the time and I can't even remember why anymore. I have no idea what to do
Whats gone wrong?

Societies you can catch up on they may only have had 1 meeting so far this term so there will be plenty of freshers, just go to the next meeting. Look it up in the SU website and just go. Contact someone on the committee if you arent sure.

You sound a bit unhappy and isolated? is there a reason?

You need to see a student advisor, but normally you can drop out within 2 weeks of enrolment without fee liability, but you would still have to pay for the accommodation till you find a replacement. You need to check the uni rules. If you have made your mind up and need to go then try not to miss that deadline i.e get it sorted tomorrow.

That said if you havent given it enough time then make an effort and once you have a few friends it all seems a bit easier.

If you decide to continue
Go to your lectures as you are paying for them and take notes.
See if the lectures you missed are online or at least get any course outlines or handouts which are probably online.
Its then just a case of doing a bit more work and you should have caught up within a month of you put extra time in. No fuss.

So the issue is less about catching up, which is straightforward, but more about why you are missing lectures and whether you really want to be at that uni and on that course? If not then check your withdrawal options and an important deadline might eb tomorrow if its 2 weeks since enrolment. Checking or asking someone in fees or the SU what the rules are tomorrow is your best bet. You then have to make some very speedy choices if the deadline is tomorrow.

You do have a single gift year though so even if this year doesnt work out you can quit and start again somewhere else assuming you havent used HE funding before.
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you really think that you need a year out then do so right away cause it could save you your student finance as opposed to dropping out after a couple more months, but make sure you dont regret your gap year. btw which uni?
MehmehBOOM
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What course do u do?
And yeah join a society or club or smt to keep you busy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads