The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpool Hope University Applicant Thread 2019

Hi Everyone :hello:,

Please use this thread to ask us any questions you may have about applying for Liverpool Hope University for 2019 entry.

You can also use this space to chat with other applicants, or maybe you have questions such as:

How do I apply?

How do I apply as an International student?

What courses can I study?

What is Liverpool as a city like?

How do I register for an Open Day?

Remember no question is a silly question :groovy:

We look forward to hearing from you along your journey; please give us a shout if you have any questions that we can help with.

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Liverpool
Visit website
I have posted a thread asking this so I'm just going to copy & paste in hope someone can help! :smile:

Hi!
I'm in second year of college and about to send off my UCAS application!! I'm just wondering what the audition process is like for the dance and drama course at Liverpool hope? what classes do we take? do I need to bring a dance solo? a song? a monologue? I am also auditioning for training schools as well but Liverpool hope is my first option! so I really want to do well in the audition. Also any tips on what to wear? such as what colour leotard, as I know some unis/ training schools prefer everyone auditioning in all black and some allow whatever colour, if anyone has any idea what the audition process is like it would be super helpful! thankyou x
Original post by Hannahlouise1237
I have posted a thread asking this so I'm just going to copy & paste in hope someone can help! :smile:

Hi!
I'm in second year of college and about to send off my UCAS application!! I'm just wondering what the audition process is like for the dance and drama course at Liverpool hope? what classes do we take? do I need to bring a dance solo? a song? a monologue? I am also auditioning for training schools as well but Liverpool hope is my first option! so I really want to do well in the audition. Also any tips on what to wear? such as what colour leotard, as I know some unis/ training schools prefer everyone auditioning in all black and some allow whatever colour, if anyone has any idea what the audition process is like it would be super helpful! thankyou x

Hi there! :smile:

Well done on completing your UCAS application! I'm sure you're glad that stage is nearly finished :biggrin:

The audition process for Dance and Drama BA (Hons) involves:

- One full workshop with the Dance Department, lasting 1-2 hours.
- An audition with the Drama Department, comprising of two monologues from a classical and contemporary play. They can each be 2-3 minutes in length.

In regards to what to wear, we are very open to the colour and style - Just as long as you are comfortable and can move around easily for the duration of the day.

If you want to learn some more about our School of Creative Performing Arts, we have some great sources on our Youtube Channel! :thumbsup:

If you have any other questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to give us a shout on TSR, or even email us at [email protected] :smile:

We wish you the best of luck! :crossedf:

Melissa :hello:
Hi!! I was wondering if there are going to be any post-offer applicant days? I really would like to visit the university after receiving my offer.Thank you
Original post by Niamhharvey1
Hi!! I was wondering if there are going to be any post-offer applicant days? I really would like to visit the university after receiving my offer.Thank you

Hello Niamh :smile:

In the new year, we have our Open House days which are aimed at applicants who have chosen Hope as one of their 5 choices. These days will give you an opportunity to visit Liverpool Hope University to find out more and to help you make your final decision about coming to our University. Whether this is your first time on campus, or if you want to come for another look around, you and your family are very welcome.

You will have the opportunity to speak to our academics on a one-to-one basis to learn more about your course, take a tour of our student accommodation and find out more about life at Liverpool Hope.

There will also be guided tours of Hope Park and the Creative Campus including the sport facilities, libraries, accommodation and subject-specific areas. Most importantly, there will be the chance to meet with current students who will be able to tell you what it is like to study at Liverpool Hope.

If you wish to book onto one of our Open House days, you can do so by following the link here.

I hope this helps!

Amy :thumbsup:
Reply 6
Why does hope uni only offer 25 places for a social work degree when the need for social workers across the country is needed???
Original post by Lloyd79
Why does hope uni only offer 25 places for a social work degree when the need for social workers across the country is needed???

Hi Lloyd79 :hello:

At Liverpool Hope University our class sizes are much smaller than many of the larger universities to enable us to provide a high quality of teaching. Our teaching is stuctured into lectures, where all students are taught together, seminars of smaller groups of around 15-20 students, and tutorials which typically have no more than 10 students.

In addition to this, as our Social Work undergraduate degree is highly demanding, we like to give our students extra support with the opportunity to have one-to-one meetings with tutors and a smaller class size allows for this.

As part of the course, students are required to complete a work placement within each of the three years. As there are a limited number of placements available for all Social Work students in the city, it is vital to keep the number of students on the course small to ensure every student gains work experience in a Social Work setting.

I hope this helps,

If you have any questions please send us a pm!

Amy :biggrin:
Graduate Advocate
Reply 8
Hi Amy thanks for the speedy response hope to see ya in 2019 👍
Original post by Lloyd79
Hi Amy thanks for the speedy response hope to see ya in 2019 👍

Hi Lloyd,

No problem at all. We hopefully look forward to seeing you and have a great New Year.

Tom
:yeah:
Hi im currently doing a foundation year, next year would i be able to apply to live at hope park as i will technically be 1st year even though i will be in my 2nd year? Also when can i apply for my accommodation for sep 2019?
Original post by Leahdominique
Hi im currently doing a foundation year, next year would i be able to apply to live at hope park as i will technically be 1st year even though i will be in my 2nd year? Also when can i apply for my accommodation for sep 2019?

Hi,

Yes you should still be able to get accommodation with us, if not at Hope Park, it may be at Aigburth Park, which is our accommodation only campus. We also have a shuttle bus that goes between the campuses :smile:

Currently, applications for accommodation are for the January intake, so shortly after this is concluded you should be able to apply for your accommodation. If on the off chance that you cannot secure accommodation at one of our campuses, the accommodation team will support and guide you in finding private owned accommodation nearby.

You may want to drop the accommodation team an email with any further questions at [email protected]

I hope you have a great New Year and if you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch. :biggrin:

Ste :hello:
Reply 12
I will be going to Liverpool Hope University in September and was wondering if any other applicants, would be interested in a snapchat or facebook group chat to get to know each other before actually coming to university?
Reply 13
I was wondering if you could give some examples for the artefacts that could be used in a primary teaching with QTS interview. I’ve been confused as to what you could call an artefact so some examples to get me thinking would be fab 😊
Hi, I had sent my UCAS application off before New years for the dance and drama course at Liverpool Hope University and also the Business Management course there as well. I got a confirmation email saying they were back on the 7th of January, I am really nervous to find out if I have been accepted or not and I am checking my emails about 40 times a day haha, When am I roughly to get an email to see if I've been given an offer or not? or if anyone has already been given an offer when did you find out? I am so nervous!
Hi, I had sent my UCAS application off before New years for the dance and drama course at Liverpool Hope University and also the Business Management course there as well. I got a confirmation email saying they were back on the 7th of January, I am really nervous to find out if I have been accepted or not and I am checking my emails about 40 times a day haha, When am I roughly to get an email to see if I've been given an offer or not? or if anyone has already been given an offer when did you find out? I am so nervous!

Hi Hannahlouise1237

Thank you for applying for Liverpool Hope University. Our admissions team are currently working through all of our application at the moment. Hopefully, they will be able to get back in touch regarding your progress within the next two weeks.

Kind Regards,

Dom :thumbsup:

Hi Hannahlouise1237

Thank you for applying for Liverpool Hope University. Our admissions team are currently working through all of our application at the moment. Hopefully, they will be able to get back in touch regarding your progress within the next two weeks.

Kind Regards,

Original post by e20018
I was wondering if you could give some examples for the artefacts that could be used in a primary teaching with QTS interview. I’ve been confused as to what you could call an artefact so some examples to get me thinking would be fab 😊

Hi e20018

For the interview, you will need to bring in an object to talk about. Imagine that you are giving a class for primary school children so tailor your presentation to this scenario. For example, you may bring in a crown and talk about the history of the crown, which monarch used it, what battles it where fought to claim it. etc. We are assessing you on your ability to interact with people and your confidence in front of an audience.

Hope this was helpful. Good luck in your interview.

Kind Regards,

Hi!!
I've applied for three courses at Liverpool Hope however the two I'm most interested in is Clinical Nutrition and Sports Rehabilitation. I'm just curious if they are new courses added this year or not?
Hi Currahee,

We're glad to hear you're applying to study with us here at Liverpool Hope.

Yes, we're running BSc Clinical Nutrition and BSc Sports Rehabilitation from September 2019 entry.

What other course have you applied for?

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us

Fiona :horse:

Quick Reply

Latest