Iphone 7

krs119
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What do you guys think of this-
https://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk/hp-pr...y05ea-abu.html

-The only worry I have is that I had a 1tb laptop last time and not sure about the proccessing speed. Also, is that website reliable? the exact same laptop costs £160 more on the HP website
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by krs119)
What do you guys think of this-
https://www.laptopoutlet.co.uk/hp-pr...y05ea-abu.html

-The only worry I have is that I had a 1tb laptop last time and not sure about the proccessing speed. Also, is that website reliable? the exact same laptop costs £160 more on the HP website
The processor in that laptop is pretty much the gold standard for casual use laptops right now, powerful enough for smooth day to day use without going overboard. Between that and the SSD, speed definitely won't be a problem for the tasks you've listed. If you actually need more space than 256GB, buy an external HDD for mass storage of media and use the internal storage for storing programs, key documents and files, etc. An SSD is more than worth the loss of a large internal drive.

I've never heard of that website, however. The same model on my go-to recommendation site Saveonlaptops is over £700, which makes this listing seem a bit fishy. I cannot say for certain, but I would recommend looking around online for reviews of the site.

My personal recommendation for £600 would be this Acer. It has the same core specs as the HP (8250U CPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1080p display) but the display is an IPS panel for better viewing angles, it's a convertible model with touchscreen if that is of any interest to you (it's not to me but a lot of people like that), it's a little slimmer, and I prefer Acer as a manufacturer.

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.G...Q_2321763.html
krs119
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Gofre,,That seems a great laptop too but I can get a student beans discount too with the one I mentioned which adds to the validity. It has a lot of positive reviews too everywhere but I just don't get how it can be listed nearly £200 cheaper than the official site
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MacBook pro
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tom123h456)
MacBook pro
Genius.
(Original post by krs119)
Hi Gofre,,That seems a great laptop too but I can get a student beans discount too with the one I mentioned which adds to the validity. It has a lot of positive reviews too everywhere but I just don't get how it can be listed nearly £200 cheaper than the official site
Like I said, it was just an alternative to one on the other site :yep: if that site turns out to be legitimate then by all means get that one.
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sounds like a chrome book will do what you need.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-NX-GR3...UgL&ref=plSrch
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
56.92%
I don't have everything I need (193)
43.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise