amiegiraffe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey lads how is everyone enjoying the course so far? Have you started the project yet and if so what are you doing?
OutcastChris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
About half-way through so-far, possibly more. Doing a Social Media Websites of sorts.
amiegiraffe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by OutcastChris)
About half-way through so-far, possibly more. Doing a Social Media Websites of sorts.
cool! are you enjoying it?
OutcastChris
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the most part year, wish I made an OS written in Assembly and C instead though.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by amiegiraffe)
hey lads how is everyone enjoying the course so far? Have you started the project yet and if so what are you doing?

How has computing been going for everyone? Projects all done?
Irrelevantz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, hope everyone’s project gone well. Since my school doesn’t have a computing teacher, I had to self-teach myself the course. However because of that, the instructions given to me for the project are really unclear. May I ask for the submission to SQA, do you also print out the code and attach it? (If yes, do you need comments on the code and pseudo code?) Or do you just simply print your report out? Thanks.
roadhog_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone - I'm still working on my project, we had a really bad teacher so I'm currently up to the interface design but the program is nearly finished. My project is a room booking system, PHP and MySQL doing the logic in the back presented on a web interface - it has grown a million arms and legs!

(Original post by Irrelevantz)
Hi guys, hope everyone’s project gone well. Since my school doesn’t have a computing teacher, I had to self-teach myself the course. However because of that, the instructions given to me for the project are really unclear. May I ask for the submission to SQA, do you also print out the code and attach it? (If yes, do you need comments on the code and pseudo code?) Or do you just simply print your report out? Thanks.
If you look at this: https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Adv...ect2018-19.pdf it says they everything needs to be printed out, so yes you need the code and comment lines ideally if you have them.
Irrelevantz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the reply. I am still not sure how
“original” your codes has to be as I used some
Open source toolkit and existing css/html layout
libraries from the other programmers in my
Implementation. Hopefully they are ok with it.
(Original post by roadhog_)
Hello everyone - I'm still working on my project, we had a really bad teacher so I'm currently up to the interface design but the program is nearly finished. My project is a room booking system, PHP and MySQL doing the logic in the back presented on a web interface - it has grown a million arms and legs!

If you look at this: https://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Adv...ect2018-19.pdf it says they everything needs to be printed out, so yes you need the code and comment lines ideally if you have them.
roadhog_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Irrelevantz)
Thanks for the reply. I am still not sure how
“original” your codes has to be as I used some
Open source toolkit and existing css/html layout
libraries from the other programmers in my
Implementation. Hopefully they are ok with it.
I think you should check with your SQA coordinator in absence of a computing teacher but I *think* that would be OK as long as you make it clear that you have borrowed code and/or used libraries and say where you got it from. I would do that in the comment lines surrounding these bits of code.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck for the exam tomorrow!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did everyone find it?
ATA3453
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For the most part year, wish I made an OS written in Assembly and C instead though.
i know this is necroposting but how did the project go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads