Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Uni Applicants 2019 Thread

Please post below:
Name
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis
Anything interesting about you
Predicted grades...
And let us know when the offers start coming in!!!

Find your course buddies and start your GCs from here :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi! :h: I'm Cerian and I'm applying to study Criminology at Aberystwyth; my other choices are Cardiff, Portsmouth and Swansea, but I'll probably end up at Aber. I spent six weeks up there during the summer and I absolutely loved it! It's quite a distance from my South Wales location, but it's a really nice place so I can't wait to go back. :smile:

I wouldn't say there's anything interesting about me per se, but I love collecting crime magazines and reading them in my spare time if that counts! I also enjoy horse-riding fortnightly. As far as predicted grades go, I'm assuming they're the same as last year (CCC). I didn't revise for Year 12 (oops) and got CCD, but I'm resitting all my AS papers (except one) so I've learned my lesson. I'm making more of an effort this year so hopefully I can get some decent grades!
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
:woo: I've just added this to a huge list of similar threads HERE. Check it out to find applicants threads for other universities you're applying to, and for you courses as well.:smile:

@Aberystwyth University is the best person to tag for any questions about Aber.

Good luck everyone.:happy2:
Name: Anna
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis: Modern Languages
Predicted grades: A* A* A A
Name: Sam
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis: Biochemistry
Anything interesting about you: Swim and play waterpolo
Predicted grades: BCC
Got conditional place from Aber of BBC!!!!
Original post by Sushiface
Name: Sam
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis: Biochemistry
Anything interesting about you: Swim and play waterpolo
Predicted grades: BCC
Got conditional place from Aber of BBC!!!!

Congrats!!!
Reply 6
Name: Tom
Course: Film-Making
anything interesting: nothing really, good at messing with cameras and equipment idk
Predicted grades: AAB (I think)
waiting for my reference to be written then hopefully I will get an offer
Reply 7
Name: KatherineLocation: Northern England Course: film and television I got predicted ABB and I got an offer last Friday. I've gotten offers from all my applications but Aber will definitely be my firm choice 😊 can't wait tbh
Name: Abi
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis: International Politics/International Relations
Predicted grades: BBB
Has anyone received a letter from Aberystwyth after getting an offer? And if so did it include an application form for an exam?
Location NI
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis International Politics
Predicted grades... BCC

I just got a conditional offer from Aberystwyth of BBB. Honestly was hoping they wouldn't be asking for grades so high :frown:
Reply 11
Name: Leah
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber: geography
Predicted grades... AAB and a distinction
I got an offer of BBB :smile:
Name: Laura
Course(s) you are applying for: Joint hons History and English Literature
Predicted grades: A*AAA
I really love reading and music, but mostly reading. Also I write poetry a lot.
I got a conditional offer of BBB :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Name: Penelope
Course(s) you are applying for: English Literature
Predicted grades: A*A*A
I really like reading (novels and comic books), listening to music and watching films. Kind of generic but still :biggrin:
I got a conditional offer of BBC....
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by getschwifty
Name: Penelope
Course(s) you are applying for: English Literature
Predicted grades: A*A*A
I really like reading (novels and comic books), listening to music and watching films. Kind of generic but still :biggrin:
I got a conditional offer of BBC....

Aber used to do a thing where if you have predicted grades above aaa, and you firm them, your offer becomes unconditional. Did they offer that to you?? Im trying to find out if they still do it.
Original post by Munnyella
Aber used to do a thing where if you have predicted grades above aaa, and you firm them, your offer becomes unconditional. Did they offer that to you?? Im trying to find out if they still do it.

Woah, really? I haven't firmed them yet as I'm still deciding between universities, but I'll tell you if I find out. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by tomsinky
Name: Tom
Course: Film-Making
anything interesting: nothing really, good at messing with cameras and equipment idk
Predicted grades: AAB (I think)
waiting for my reference to be written then hopefully I will get an offer

Hey Tom! I'm applying for Film-Making too. I've just sent off my application, so fingers crossed I get an offer. Have you heard anything back from them yet?
Original post by Amyan
Hey Tom! I'm applying for Film-Making too. I've just sent off my application, so fingers crossed I get an offer. Have you heard anything back from them yet?

Yea, i received a conditional offer of 120 UCAS points, I received this offer about 3 days after submitting my application, good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 18
Name Emma
Location Hampshire
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis Politics & History
Anything interesting about you I'm a mature student
Predicted grades... N.a
Visited Aber uni on Boxing Day (unofficially, I went around the campus and peeked in through the windows + explored the town!) and absolutely fell in love with it. Course looks good. Hoping to make it my insurance choice!

Please post below:
Name: AmberStudies
Course(s) you are applying for at Aber/other unis: Bsc Psychology 3 year (+ also applied to Birmingham, Swansea, St Andrews)
Anything interesting about you: I really love baking and I'd modestly say I'm good at it, but somehow I can't cook at all! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more comfortable making savoury stuff :smile:
Predicted grades... A* (psych) A* (englit) A (sociology) + A*/A (EPQ)

Quick Reply

Latest