The Student Room Group

Do white people feel that it’s unfair they can’t use the N word??

Scroll to see replies

ok but what did i say? first thing i said was yes it's context.

im on about, you dismissing it as just a word, you cant dismiss centuries of cruelty as a word bro, when you never like it when a white or british person disrespects romanians. And you don't like it. And you shouldnt like it.
I also think it depends who you are around as well . For example me I have 0 tolerance over the word to the piont that in my household it’s banned , however there are ppl who use it all the time and would care. I think it should be based on the individual tbh . Everyone is different and it is a racial slur at the end of the day . I think it’s safe to say before ppl use such powerful words to make sure the person they are with are cool with it ?
Original post by Rainfall
Nobody should say it especially white people. What makes white people different from us? Were all humans

do you think it's "just a word" or instead a hateful term loaded with disturbing history? even I think that much.
erm they dont
Original post by Bang Outta Order
do you think it's "just a word" or instead a hateful term loaded with disturbing history? even I think that much.

For real
Ok good. Pizza's here.
Original post by BubbleBabby
For real

wurrd to big burrd

Original post by BubbleBabby
Why the hell is this trending .... it’s such a senseless thing omg 🙄🙄🙄.

who doesnt want their thread to trend? :lol: ok ok im going im going :colone:
Original post by Bang Outta Order

yes I do. idk why it’s been made into word that means mate. it’s like a reminder. I say that word but I should probs stop. It’s definitely not just a word.
I'm Asian can I call you the N word?

Anyway you can't just tell one group of people they can't say a word but everyone else can.

Well you can.. but don't expect it to ever work.

Don't forget Black people are he one's who promote the word so much in their music.
(edited 5 years ago)
They can use Wigger
Reply 50
When you were talking about black girls and said there's not really much black people in your area and that you don't encounter them much I can tell you wern't kidding

because if you went to London and reacted like that to a black person after saying the n word you'd legtmately get stabbed......

I'm nice though, I'd probably just hit you :P
Reply 51
It's still somewhat of a social taboo for a white person to say the word. You hear black commedians use it all the time. On the rare occacasion white commedians try and use it you usually get somewhat of a negative reaction from the crowd [and the crowd is usually mostly white]

As a white person you just can't go to places like east London and start singing out the chorus to "My N1gga" or something and not expect some funny looks at the very least. I mean if you want to do that there's no law against it, but it's gonna get some looks as you're commiting a social taboo. and quite frankly you don't even look like a ******. Quite the opposite in fact. There's black people who would look at you at you singing that and think Is this guy taking the piss? ....where'as a ****** is more likely to get the benefit of the doubt

and if you then started telling them to **** off like you wrote you've just aggravated the situation 10 fold........
Original post by sabretruth
I'm Asian can I call you the N word?

Anyway you can't just tell one group of people they can't say a word but everyone else can.

Well you can.. but don't expect it to ever work.

Don't forget Black people are he one's who promote the word so much in their music.

What no ???!! You can’t ? I’ve never had an Asian person ask to call me one and I know very few Asians that’s why I asked the question like that ? It’s a word used to demean black ppl common sense would deem that if u are not black it’s best not to say it .... Especially with all the anti blackness in Asia it makes it worse .... come on !
(edited 5 years ago)
yes I do. idk why it’s been made into word that means mate. it’s like a reminder. I say that word but I should probs stop. It’s definitely not just a word.

It’s a habit that’s been passed down from generations since the 60’s or so .
I say that word but I should probs stop. It’s definitely not just a word.

yeah, glad you think so
Uggh... This subject again. Look, words have no meaning without context. If a white guy says the n-word with an "a" because he might be rapping or something, or maybe he has black friends that let him use it because they all use the word to mean something like "brother", I see no problem. In most contexts it is a horrible and divisive word though and no one should use it. If we are talking with a hard "r", this is even worse. The only context anyone should be using this word in is perhaps if you are reading an old book in class like Huckleberry Finn. It is stupid to ignore the words historical use. Any other context though? I don't see a need for it (and if anyone insults a black person with that word then they deserve what's coming to them anyway).

I'm half Japanese half English, and if anyone insults me with either terms like "cr*cker" or "g**k" I will beat their sh*t in, but if it is from my friends in a joking manner this is fine and only idiots with no sense of humour would say otherwise.

Basically, to sum up, words are all about context. There should never be any outright ban or restriction on ANY word in all contexts, but many contexts will mean that these words are inappropriate.
No.... but then again it’s my opinion that nobody should say it as it’s such a vile word with an equally vile history.
No, we can use it. Its not exactly a law

we just can't use it in public
I don't spend my day thinking about how sad I am that I can't say the word - I'm not much of a swearer or someone who insults people.
As a black person, I love this post. so true

your name is epic too ngl #staywoke

Quick Reply

Latest