Who would you vote for in a general election tomorrow?

Watch
Poll: Who would you vote for in an upcoming general election
Labour 🇵🇸 (55)
41.67%
Tory 🇮🇱 (35)
26.52%
Lib Dem 🏳️*🌈 (18)
13.64%
Green 🏳️ (15)
11.36%
SNP/ Plaid 🇪🇺 (6)
4.55%
UKIP 🇷🇺 😂 (3)
2.27%
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
So left wing economic views with conservative social views? Good man, this is actually what most people want
I am not entirely left leaning economically for example, I am not in favour of radical wealth re-distrubtion, in any form of marxist/communist manner- but I am certainly pro-nationalisation. Its easy to be, given that I live in a country with nationalised and subsidised public transport, that despite being a developing country, is lightyears ahead of the UK public-transport wise.
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh so you’re a French liberal? What do you think of Macron?

i think le Pen would be more popular than him
I can't say Macron's ideal, but then again, who's ever heard of an ideal politician? Frankly though he's not bad, and (had my renewed passport arrived a day - a day - earlier) I would have voted for him. Of my classmates back then, of those whose families were going to vote, there was one Mélenchon supporter and the rest were all le Pen-voters. Scary.
Alfissti
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We don't need a new captain this moment in time. What the country needs now more than it has ever needed before is some political and leadership stability as well as some continuity.

Putting Labour or the LibDems in would essentially send out the signal Britain is closed for business and markets. Also with the way Brexit is looming the Liebour party with their hopeless leadership team just don't have it in them to negotiate the deals that are needed and we'd be seeing a return of the armies of benefit scroungers as was the case just 10 years ago.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
I can't say Macron's ideal, but then again, who's ever heard of an ideal politician? Frankly though he's not bad, and (had my renewed passport arrived a day - a day - earlier) I would have voted for him. Of my classmates back then, of those whose families were going to vote, there was one Mélenchon supporter and the rest were all le Pen-voters. Scary.
Why do you think macron is the least popular French President since records began- even more so than hollande!

So pleased about your classmates families, excellent news! ☺️
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
Labour are the puppets of the Kremlin.

vote for the Conservative and Unionist Party.
Conervatives sure love Russian money.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ations-philip/
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8375636.html
https://descrier.co.uk/politics/bori...rvative-party/
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...nors-glp2bl7cm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28450125
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-43360986

Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you think macron is the least popular French President since records began- even more so than hollande!

So pleased about your classmates families, excellent news! ☺️
Presumably because all those people who voted for Mélenchon or Fillon in the first round then went for Macron in the second, regarding him as a "lesser evil" who they would not have otherwise voted for. And also considering the very high number of blank votes...

It's not excellent news, so I'd thank you to refrain from saying so. Their decision to vote le Pen was extremely close-minded and showed a great lack of compassion and consideration for others. Le Pen is xenophobic, radically anti-Islam and anti religion in general, pro-Frexit, and could not even stand up to Macron in their televised debate. Not the kind of person I'd nod to in the street, let alone consider having as president.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd vote Conservative if only to keep the likes of Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry, McDonnell etc out of the executive
The Tories aren't exactly great at the moment but I've not heard of any workable substance or impressive leaders emerging out of the Labour Party.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So left wing economic views with conservative social views? Good man, this is actually what most people want
I'm the total opposite - right leaning economic views but liberal social views.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Let us imagine there has been a further compromise to the chequers plan, but a deal has been reached. The compromise includes an additional ten billion pounds, preferential access to eu migrants as well as custom membership in all but name. This deal was attacked as a ‘disgrace’ by Mogg and Johnson but May was able to cling to power in a leadership election.

Labour have said they oppose the conservatives plans and suppprt a ‘labour Brexit’ - this seems to entail staying in the single market.

The Lib Dem’s, Greens, SNP and Plsid have offered to work together with labour but this has been rejected by labour insiders. All these parties say they will suppprt labour but will also vote for a second referendum.

Ukip, have pledged to get out of the EU and go under WTO rules from day one. There is high speculation that a dozen Tory MPs are under severe pressure to join them. Left wing commentators have been alarmed at various high profile meetings with the leaders of Ukip and Marine le Pen and victor Orban.
I voted Tory in 2017 and would do so again so long as May delivers Brexit. A Corbyn government cannot be tolerated, he is an extremist.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To anyone wondering what the weird symbols are, I put flags next to each party:

Labour 🇵🇸
Tory 🇮🇱
Liberal Democrat 🏳️*🌈
Green 🏳️
SNP/ Plaid 🇪🇺
Ukip 🇷🇺
Gave me a good chuckle.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the first time in my life I would be terrified of a labour victory because Corbyn would bankrupt the country .

The party is a communist club for the sad and disaffected.
This country would never recover.
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I actually don't know considering I'm more Conservative minded and I like Starmer.

Probably Conservative by a whisker but if you asked me for the next election and Labour had sorted themselves out to being more moderate, then Labour 100%
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd vote for anyone that could have handled the covid 19 pandemic better than the tories - they totally balls-ed it up!
Laurence010401
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Green, probably

I don't like conservative or labour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads