The Student Room Group

What jobs suit me?

Well, I was thinking about it last time and I don't really know what I should do.

Well, here is a quick bio of me then:

Outline:
I am enthusiastic, very hard working, happy, competitive (and love challenges)) and generally a sociable person. :smile:
I want to have a job which isn't extremely stressful as I want to have enought time to commit to self projects (so preferably, to have at least 5 hours to myself in the evenings. :biggrin:). I am generally interested in all sorts of jobs, from being a doctor to lawyer, atranslator to business womea(yes, I'm a girl).
Ideally earning about 20K-30K. :smile:

Academic stuff:
GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
A-lvl: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and German (predicted AAAA).

Other stuff:
My work(mostly art, music, stories related things) have been published in various magazines, books and other publications. What I really want to do beside my main job is carrying on with these activities. :smile:

Many people suggested me to do medicine but I am not sure as becoming a doctor seems to be really stressful an I don't think I can withstand the stress(as all my publishing work involves a lot of stress already).
And due to my indecisiveness, I've decided to take a gap year where I will go to Germany and elsewhere to study and literally experience life.

So can you guys hekp me out here as to which job(s) suit(s) me?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Yellowsky
Well, I was thinking about it last time and I don't really know what I should do.

Well, here is a quick bio of me then:

Outline:
I am enthusiastic, very hard working, happy, competitive (and love challenges)) and generally a sociable person. :smile:
I want to have a job which isn't extremely stressful as I want to have enought time to commit to self projects (so preferably, to have at least 5 hours to myself in the evenings. :biggrin:). I am generally interested in all sorts of jobs, from being a doctor to lawyer, atranslator to business womea(yes, I'm a girl).
Ideally earning about 20K-30K. :smile:

Academic stuff:
GCSEs: 10A*s 2As
A-lvl: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and German (predicted AAAA).

Other stuff:
My work(mostly art, music, stories related things) have been published in various magazines, books and other publications. What I really want to do beside my main job is carrying on with these activities. :smile:

Many people suggested me to do medicine but I am not sure as becoming a doctor seems to be really stressful an I don't think I can withstand the stress(as all my publishing work involves a lot of stress already).
And due to my indecisiveness, I've decided to take a gap year where I will go to Germany and elsewhere to study and literally experience life.

So can you guys hekp me out here as to which job(s) suit(s) me?

Thanks in advance.

Do what makes you happy.
Reply 2
^^ Seconded, you can do pretty much whatever you want with those grades (almost).
Reply 3
I would suggest going in Pharmacology, or becomes a biomedical researcher, seeing as you enjoy challenges, and you have taken mainly science based subjects.

In addition to this, you have a language, so that could help, as if you were to become a researcher, you would be attending numerous seminars around the world.

But at the end of the day, no-one can tell you what to be, its your own decision, as you dont want to be in a career you loath, so think carefully...

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Reply 4
thanks gusy for the help.

Yeah, i think i might want to do something science based but they thing is, I can't think of any jobs which are not so stressful in the world of science which can also give you a relatively good income(20-30K as I mentioned. :smile:).

But then again, I feel I am not so competitive in science than my arts and I think I probably just want a standard job and compete in arts/media. in my free time :smile:.

ahh, I am really indecisive.
Reply 5
If those really are your grades, you've definitely underestimated your earning potential:smile:

Well, I would always be wary of the advice of a group of anonymous people on a forum who know nothing about you other than a few sentences.*

But, before I even read that people have told you to become a doctor, your 'vibe' as a sociable, happy, enthusiastic person shouted 'doc' to me. Stress, unfortunately, is something which you're not going to get away from whatever job you do. Law, my own future field, is another great move. Perhaps you would like working in a team?

You seem to be leaning towards Journalism as a future career. You don't seem to be motivated by money (although this is a potentially very lucrative career). You will have stress, but you will also have travelling. Perhaps you will like that. Overall, I think this could be your strongest bet, (bearing in mind*)
Reply 6
Yellowsky
thanks gusy for the help.

Yeah, i think i might want to do something science based but they thing is, I can't think of any jobs which are not so stressful in the world of science which can also give you a relatively good income(20-30K as I mentioned. :smile:).

But then again, I feel I am not so competitive in science than my arts and I think I probably just want a standard job and compete in arts/media. in my free time :smile:.

ahh, I am really indecisive.

You still have plenty of time so quit the worrying...in due time you'll find the right career path. And like somebody mentioned before, you have fantastic grades, so I'm sure employers will be searching for you :wink:
Reply 7
Rent boy
Reply 8
Yellowsky

Other stuff:

So can you guys hekp me out here as to which job(s)suit(s) me?

Thanks in advance.

Don't you want to take up writing/journalism as a main career? OF couse, there's always the opporunity to do it part-time and freelance.

You'll find most careers stressful but medical careers such as nutitionist and dietician would be slightly less stressful. Your biology and especially chemistry could help there.

Prospects - www.prospects.ac.uk Have a decent site. It can suggest career areas that are relevant to your interested, skills and degree subject.
Reply 9
Cool, thanks guys.
And lol, I hope I will make the A-level grades (still doing the exams now, hopefully to get "A"s). :smile:

Hmm, I will check jornalism out, that sounds quite interesting.

oh btw guys, I think I might try out sciences at unis if I can't decide by next year (I feel I need to be very committed to medicine if I do it and I think I might not be extremely committed at the moment).
o by then, I hope I will have my "A"s and do you think I have a good chnce (especialyl for Oxbridge)? It's just that there are so many people out there competing for a place.
And let's say, if my "A"s aren't really high (so say around 85%?), would I stand a chance for Oxbridge?
Reply 10
Dentistry or Vetinary medicine?

Youve got the science in there and (very) good wages.

If you want the least stressful job though, out of medicine, vet & dentist then Id say be a dentist.

Latest

Trending

Trending