redheaded_genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there i would appreciate some thoughts..
I have just started year 12 with 4 alevels: Biology, geography, IT and psychology.
In my gcse's i got A*/8 in IT and geography but i got a C/5 for biology. I really want to drop down to doing 3 but am unsure if i should drop psych or biology? I am prepared to work hard with biology and get tutors etc. but really am unsure. I did get an A for my biology mock but diddnt do so well with physics and chemistry so worked hard with these 2 subjects to pass them and not hard with biology. Maybe i continue with all 4?...
virtualcounselor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's better to take 3 and do extremely well whilst being able to have free lessons throughout the week to study for each subject rather than taking 4 and not having any spare time. I had been taking 3 since AS Level and I cannot exaggerate how much peaceful it was compared to a few of my classmates who took 4 until the end of A Level. Also, you wouldn't even have to worry about what subject you have to drop - so that means you'll be busy studying for the 3 subjects that you plan to stay with until the end of yr 13 (hence no time will be wasted preparing for a subject that you'll only take until AS Level)

Before deciding what to drop or not drop please please please have a look at the syllabus for all of your subjects as well as the past paper formats so that you are aware of everything that you could possibly come across. This will help you from making any wrong decisions in a hurry

Hope this helps

PS: I finished my A Levels in June (Business, Economics and Chemistry)
ConfusedPaige
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Continue atm doing all 4, you can drop out at any time just keep going then maybe you can make up your mind
tom123h456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
u don't need 4 alevel unless your genius and have too much time
MDBHJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Take all four for AS levels and then in your second year drop down to three that way you have experience of which you liked and we’re good at
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by redheaded_genius)
Hi there i would appreciate some thoughts..
I have just started year 12 with 4 alevels: Biology, geography, IT and psychology.
In my gcse's i got A*/8 in IT and geography but i got a C/5 for biology. I really want to drop down to doing 3 but am unsure if i should drop psych or biology? I am prepared to work hard with biology and get tutors etc. but really am unsure. I did get an A for my biology mock but diddnt do so well with physics and chemistry so worked hard with these 2 subjects to pass them and not hard with biology. Maybe i continue with all 4?...
If you were to drop any subject, it would be best to drop IT. The other three are all solid, well respected traditional subjects, whereas IT can be a bit not that great
MDBHJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you had to drop one though I would drop psychology, biology is better for a wider range of jobs
redheaded_genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thankyou all. Im just worried about the C in biology. I really want to do biology but am unsure if i should continue after getting a C at gcse. Anyone do an alevel they got a c for at GCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads