Civil rights march.. Northern Ireland

Watch
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I remember the start of the 'troubles' I was quite young but did not know about the civil rights marches. http://canvas-story.bbcrewind.co.uk/sites/usatc/
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So little about the history of northern ireland gets taught in English schools.
Very little mention is made of the bombing attacks against southern ireland by loyalist terrorist paramilitaries based in northern ireland.
In England the media and political focus was almost entirely on the republican nationalist terrorist paramilitaries that targeted London during the troubles.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by melliottme)
I remember the start of the 'troubles' I was quite young but did not know about the civil rights marches. http://canvas-story.bbcrewind.co.uk/sites/usatc/
I find that so odd that you remember the start of The Troubles but didn't know about the marches...
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
So little about the history of northern ireland gets taught in English schools.
Does it? :laugh: dont think my history class got the memo. Northern Ireland was a massive part of one of my history A-level modules (the making of modern britain 1951-2007). The old spec (year before me) had an entire year on northern ireland. Glad i wasnt that year find the whole NI thing so boring and tedious but each to their own
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Airmed)
I find that so odd that you remember the start of The Troubles but didn't know about the marches...
I was 11 years old ! I remember the Aberfan disaster as I was sick at home and was 9 years old but did not understand the politics etc around that either. I think I was 7 when Winston Churchill's state funeral was on tv and thought it was soo boring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads