What do you do if you're unhappy at University? Watch

chloefrances12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently at university I've just gone into my second year but I actually feel so unhappy and lonely. I currently live with 5 girls and 1 boy and the girls are all very cliquey and exclusive which is hard to deal with when you are made to feel like an outsider. The course itself is fine but I don't feel like a I have much direction in my life. I am so unsure of what to do whether I should drop out and carry on my second year next year if thats even possible?? Or commute from home and go to a closer uni? Or just stick it out. Any advice anyone has would be really appreciated and you are more than welcome to share your university experince. I just think there needs to be more of an emphasis on the fact that it can be very lonely at times.
MissVampire
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah. Living out isn’t all ‘sunshine’ for every person. We all have own experiences, so of course, it sucks when you feel unhappy. If you’re enjoying the course, that’s the essential thing! If you weren’t, then yes, I would start to reconsider things. So I wouldn’t drop out but only if it’s making you unhappy. As for not knowing what direction, most people don’t even know what they plan to do after uni. Some are lucky if they do. They can have it all mapped out. So, don’t be too worried about that. Whatever you do, you need to decide and do it for you.
CKChe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah. This is not only happening to you.Try out to meditate about yourself and cross over your feeling,Also I use this way.

Have an happy life and discover yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads