The Student Room Group

Should a guy care about accidentally approaching underage girls?

I find myself doing a fair bit of cold approaching in public places but one of the main things that seems to hold me back is age. I'm constantly in fear of hitting on underage girls and how they may react if i do hit on them accidentally.

We all have a type right? My type is small, petite and slim. Its just what attracts me. But i really do find it next to impossible to tell if a girl is of legal age 16-18+ or if she is underage like 14 or something. Girls who are petite can look MUCH younger than they actually are and vice versa.

My last girlfriend was 21 and she was mistaken for a 12-13 year old on multiple occassions.

Guys how do you handle this?

Girls how would you react to being hit on by a guy accidentally when you was underage?

Scroll to see replies

Talking to underage girls is perfectly legal. Sex with underage girls is not.
Reply 2
Original post by WaffleApple
I find myself doing a fair bit of cold approaching in public places but one of the main things that seems to hold me back is age. I'm constantly in fear of hitting on underage girls and how they may react if i do hit on them accidentally.

We all have a type right? My type is small, petite and slim. Its just what attracts me. But i really do find it next to impossible to tell if a girl is of legal age 16-18+ or if she is underage like 14 or something. Girls who are petite can look MUCH younger than they actually are and vice versa.

My last girlfriend was 21 and she was mistaken for a 12-13 year old on multiple occassions.

Guys how do you handle this?

Girls how would you react to being hit on by a guy accidentally when you was underage?

Just ask them their age early in the conversation and then move on. It's not your fault is it, girls now look much older than they are.
Ask her for I.D.
Reply 4
Original post by ManicDrBeatles
Talking to underage girls is perfectly legal. Sex with underage girls is not.

Pretty sure he knows that lol... But he feels dodgy about approaching them which is understandable.
Original post by Plus7
Pretty sure he knows that lol... But he feels dodgy about approaching them which is understandable.

He shouldn't. It is societies fault. Society even accuses fathers of being paedophiles when they are out with their daughter alone.
isn't it odd though going out with a girl who is of age but has the body and face of a 12 yr old??
Reply 7
He shouldn't. It is societies fault. Society even accuses fathers of being paedophiles when they are out with their daughter alone.

Society isn't often something you take seriously. The hypocrisy is just enormous. But you're right he feels this way because of the stigma, but how can we blame him when he didn't know. As for the father thing I've never heard of that opinion other than one case which was a cautionary thing from a company??
You constantly approach girls in public? Creepy
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
isn't it odd though going out with a girl who is of age but has the body and face of a 12 yr old??

I doubt she has the body of a 12 year old. Just being petite doesn't mean you have the body of a 12 year old, it's going to be way more matured. Babyface is a thing, I have a babyface. I'm male 25 but look 15 and get on the bus for a child fair. Older girls should avoid me then? ;/////
Why not go somewhere where you expect everyone to be an adult like a pub or club?

Although to be honest men who cold approach me always tend to have a real loser vibe about them. The sort of guys who end up sleeping with prostitutes, etc.
Reply 11
Original post by Plus7
Just ask them their age early in the conversation and then move on. It's not your fault is it, girls now look much older than they are.

because of all the make up and sh*t they wear lol. 12 year old girls look 18 sometimes...
Reply 12
If a guy approached me at all I would be a bit creeped out and politely decline whilst distancing myself.

I imagine if I were underage it would be the same but moreso (so even more creeped out and I'd definitely distance myself haha)

I think clubs and bars are a good rule of thumb, also if you go to college or university they are all of legal age :smile:
Ask their age or if you don't want to be direct mention work/school early on and see if they respond
Stop 'cold approaching' girls. It's creepy and unwelcome :/ and even worse if I was underage.

But is it societies fault or the fault of my own sexual perferences? Sometimes i wish i would be more attracted to women with a larger frame and not just the ultra petite ladies, but I'm simply not.

My fear is approaching a bunch of ladies, flirting with one of them in a friendly way and then she responds with "Dude, I'm 13"... So it just ends up with me passing up on approaches because of that fear.

Last Wednesday evening was a perfect example. I was coming out of McDonalds and seen a car outside with a bunch of girls in. Music was blasting and they was dancing in the car. Girl got out and started doing a super sexy dance in the street and on the car as i was coming out lol. This would usually be the "perfect" spot for a cold approach but as she looked about 13 i thought no, smiled and walked away lol.
Original post by Plus7
I doubt she has the body of a 12 year old. Just being petite doesn't mean you have the body of a 12 year old, it's going to be way more matured. Babyface is a thing, I have a babyface. I'm male 25 but look 15 and get on the bus for a child fair. Older girls should avoid me then? ;/////

Yeah exactly.

My ex could have easily passed for a 12-13 year old with clothes on. But without them you could clearly tell she was a fully formed woman! :smile: A baby face and athletic, slim build can be mighty confusing when it comes to age.

I have absolutely no intentions or desire of hooking up with an underage girl hence my worry with approaches!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Violet Femme
Why not go somewhere where you expect everyone to be an adult like a pub or club?

Although to be honest men who cold approach me always tend to have a real loser vibe about them. The sort of guys who end up sleeping with prostitutes, etc.

Oh i do go to clubs and pubs but i find it usually ends up as a casual friends with benefits type deal or just a simple one night stand, which really isn't what I'm looking for. Plus, I'm not big on alcohol...

When i say the cold approach the majority are usually women who have at least acknowledged me before approaching. I don't usually approach if we haven't exchanged smiles/eye contact.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by WaffleApple
But is it societies fault or the fault of my own sexual perferences? Sometimes i wish i would be more attracted to women with a larger frame and not just the ultra petite ladies, but I'm simply not.

My fear is approaching a bunch of ladies, flirting with one of them in a friendly way and then she responds with "Dude, I'm 13"... So it just ends up with me passing up on approaches because of that fear.

Last Wednesday evening was a perfect example. I was coming out of McDonalds and seen a car outside with a bunch of girls in. Music was blasting and they was dancing in the car. Girl got out and started doing a super sexy dance in the street and on the car as i was coming out lol. This would usually be the "perfect" spot for a cold approach but as she looked about 13 i thought no, smiled and walked away lol.

If it wasn't illegal, would you want to date 13/14 year olds?
Original post by Anonymous
If it wasn't illegal, would you want to date 13/14 year olds?

You serious? That question is actually really offending! The immaturity of both the personality and body of a 13 or 14 year old girl is not something that attracts me.

Is it really such a weird thing for a guy to be attracted to babyfaced girls? Who have slim, athletic builds and petite features?? lol.

Aren't petite features and athletic, slim builds known for being attractive features on a woman in general? Okay i get the baby face is a bit more unusual but i don't see it as a big deal!

Latest

Trending

Trending