username504651
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by NotImaginative)
The maths and English tests were very basic, I had to write an essay on a subject (I can't remember what, I got the job 2 years ago and quit after a year of working there). I think I finished the maths test in about 5 minutes, honestly just brush up on non-calc and you'll be fine. Good luck and I hope your Explore career goes better than mine, I found I was massively underpaid and the stress of a part-time job was not worth it. I moved to a tea rooms and waitressed, I actually got paid more when you included tips than I did at Explore and it was so much easier. My managers all changed (my center has 1 director and 2 assistant directors and I must have had at least 7 different people in the 12 months I worked there). I did honestly feel like the parents were being ripped off and that it wasn't value for money- I definitely would never send my kids there or recommend it.
Thank you for the advice. I had the interview yesterday, but was told today that I was unsuccessful because I didn't answer the question surrounding 'what meaningful and special impact would I make on the children' to a high enough standard. It's a shame, as I thought the interview went well, and I spent a long time preparing. However, having seen the program they use, I do agree that it is overpriced and that they are not doing anything that they could not do at home/find elsewhere!
fantazvibez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have applied to the position of Assistant Director, my level of mathematics is adequate but I'm just worried - is there a pass percentage for the math test? Does it matter much if you don't do exceptionally well on the math test?
Millipad3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there, I completed my assessment day yesterday and the maths test is something you really shouldn’t worry about! I was terrible at maths through my whole schooling and was really worried about it too. The questions don’t need a calculator and include things like probability, finish the sequence and what value is higher etc... honestly something to definitely not worry about!! Hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (496)
59.76%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.18%
No- I want it (235)
28.31%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.75%

Watched Threads

Latest