nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying to York for 2019 entry and I'm aware that it has a collegiate system but it doesn't ask what college we want, so I was just curious as to how it works. Do we just get allocated to a college later? Or do we have to state it somewhere?
Last edited by nyxnko_; 11 months ago
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So from what I remember (3 years ago now) the first talk about colleges comes when you apply for accommodation, which is further into the process. You apply for room type, and list them in preference order - it was 9 when I applied though so this may have changed! So for example, something like 1) standard ensuite self catered Alcuin 2) standard ensuite catered James 3) economy ensuite catered Derwent etc
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
So from what I remember (3 years ago now) the first talk about colleges comes when you apply for accommodation, which is further into the process. You apply for room type, and list them in preference order - it was 9 when I applied though so this may have changed! So for example, something like 1) standard ensuite self catered Alcuin 2) standard ensuite catered James 3) economy ensuite catered Derwent etc
Thank you! That makes more sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)