attttea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently studying the a levels sociology and english lit along with btec level 3 criminology. Will university of leeds accept me with these three subjects for a degree on law or sociology(not sure yet but it will be one of the 2). My parents are very strict and would like me to stay in Leeds so pleeeease can someone clarify whether they will accept me or not
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by attttea)
I am currently studying the a levels sociology and english lit along with btec level 3 criminology. Will university of leeds accept me with these three subjects for a degree on law or sociology(not sure yet but it will be one of the 2). My parents are very strict and would like me to stay in Leeds so pleeeease can someone clarify whether they will accept me or not
They want:

Distinction, Distinction, A with the A level being in an approved subject.

Approved Subjects:
• Accounting
• Ancient History
• Archaeology
• Arabic
• Bengali
• Biblical Hebrew
• Biology (Human)
• Biology
• Business Studies
• Chemistry
• Chinese
• Classical Civilisation
• Classical Greek
• Communication Studies
• Computing
• Dutch
• Economics
• Electronics
• English Language
• English Language and Literature
• English Literature
• Environmental Science
• French
• Further and Additional Maths
• Geography
• Geology
• German
• Government & Politics
• Gujarati
• History
• History of Art
• Italian
• Japanese
• Latin
• Law
• Mathematics
• Media Studies
• Modern Hebrew
• Modern Greek
• Panjabi
• Persian
• Philosophy
• Physics
• Polish
• Portuguese
• Psychology
• Religious Studies
• Russian
• Sociology
• Spanish
• Statistics
• Turkish
• Urdu

Although they only list the requirements for the BTEC Diploma / Extended Diploma and not the Subsidiary/Certificate, they also say this:

"The BTEC Certificate and Award will be considered when combined with other level 3 qualifications. The qualification must be in a relevant subject to the chosen degree programme"

Sounds like you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (41)
36.61%
No (57)
50.89%
I don't know (14)
12.5%

Watched Threads