How well does parliament limit the power of the prime minister

Watch
axataaarrr
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone, I've been putting off writing this essay for a while now simply because i am very stuck on how to start it. This is going towards out predicted grades for university and as bad as it is I didnt want to ask my teacher for help and let them know I was struggling to make a start. Would anyone be able to give me some key points and tips on how to write this essay?

Thank you so much any help is deeply appreciated.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ask Theresa May…

You’re making a big mistake by not going to your teachers about this. You need confidence in your ideas and ability to write essays, this stuff has to flow naturally to you in exams and in your homework so you’ll save time and can focus on other things/ideas.

I would start by outlining the UK’s system, how there is a fusion of power compared to the USA where there is a separation of powers in government bodies. You’d then need to briefly introduce your ideas, do mention things like how the PM is NOT directly accountable to the electorate but is instead accountable to parliament & the government instead.

I would say do a paragraph on parliaments powers to limit the Prime minister, then a paragraph on the Prime Ministers power which can undermine Parliament, and then finally a paragraph on other (and potentially more effective ways) in which the prime ministers powers are restricted (e.g the cabinet and towing the party line) then a conclusion. Your ordering will depend on which side you wish take, don’t be heavily bias but do take a side and make this clear by giving it more evidence and argument.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads