a.aneesah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Applications are now open!
Any advice for someone applying to higher apprenticeships like this one, or any experiences you'd like to share?
Really need any help and support available!
Ryan23Carter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there,

I was part of the J.P. Morgan social mobility programme in London and have recently been successful in securing a place at their assessment centre for the financial service apprenticeship.

My advice to really succeed is be as genuine and unique as possible, by that I mean, BE YOURSELF! J.P. Morgan love diversity and push to make a difference in this area by recruiting people from all backgrounds so make sure to embrace anything special about you.

Another key aspect is your CV. Make sure ur CV is precise, neat, readable and straight to the point. This means not many sentences and more bullet points with lots of precise detail. Also, try and keep it 1 page maximum, recruiters are reading thousands of these everyday and they very much appreciate an easy and condensed read. *you dont need finance experience to work at JPM just a strong drive and the willingness to learn.

If it gets to the telephone interview I would suggest taking the call in a quiet, comfortable place where you feel no pressure from external factors. I would write down all the factors that make you employable such as skills, motivation, why JPM, career goals, achievements etc. Recruiters wont care if u spend 5 seconds reading some notes to answer a question, a good delayed answer is better than a rushed eratic answer (you also come across more confident).

I hope some of that helps and best of luck!
a.aneesah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Ryan23Carter)
Hi there,

I was part of the J.P. Morgan social mobility programme in London and have recently been successful in securing a place at their assessment centre for the financial service apprenticeship.

My advice to really succeed is be as genuine and unique as possible, by that I mean, BE YOURSELF! J.P. Morgan love diversity and push to make a difference in this area by recruiting people from all backgrounds so make sure to embrace anything special about you.

Another key aspect is your CV. Make sure ur CV is precise, neat, readable and straight to the point. This means not many sentences and more bullet points with lots of precise detail. Also, try and keep it 1 page maximum, recruiters are reading thousands of these everyday and they very much appreciate an easy and condensed read. *you dont need finance experience to work at JPM just a strong drive and the willingness to learn.

If it gets to the telephone interview I would suggest taking the call in a quiet, comfortable place where you feel no pressure from external factors. I would write down all the factors that make you employable such as skills, motivation, why JPM, career goals, achievements etc. Recruiters wont care if u spend 5 seconds reading some notes to answer a question, a good delayed answer is better than a rushed eratic answer (you also come across more confident).

I hope some of that helps and best of luck!
Thanks for the detailed reply!
Would you say there's anything that would make a candidate stand out in the application or it that usually down to the interviews?
Also, do you have any other advice on how to write an application, it would really help as I plan on applying to a couple of different apprentiships too!
Ryan23Carter
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My best advice for applications would be to detail extensively what you did on your work experience, school programs, etc. and outline what skills you learnt amd applied to that task.Strong academics are obviously a big factor but if you can also come across as genuine and interest in what they are offering, the company will recognize this. Another good tip is to read, read, read the job description page completely. It sounds silly but the company will outline all the key skills and characteristics they want from potential candidates and if you can prove you have these skills your on the right path.Other then that, I would just recommend you stay positive all the time as there will highs and lows throughout this stage in your life, so its best to just give it the best you have.Let me know what you have applied for and what your responses have been. Also, if you post your CV i could give you some feedback.
ibrahim0119
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi there,I am really hoping i get into JP morgans financial services apprenticeship. The CV they require, is that similar to the format of a job cv or personal statement. please can someone tell me this as specifically as possible so i can get cracking and send of my applicationthank you so much
Ryan23Carter
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ibrahim0119)
Hi there,I am really hoping i get into JP morgans financial services apprenticeship. The CV they require, is that similar to the format of a job cv or personal statement. please can someone tell me this as specifically as possible so i can get cracking and send of my applicationthank you so much
Your CV needs to detailed, precise and easy to read, 1 page in length and a clear representation of your education, work experience, skills and interests and extra-curricula activities. And yes, like a work resume.

Always remember, these big companies like JPM have thousands of applicants and you only have 6 seconds on average to make the recruiter care about your application, so make it good!

My best advice for your CV would also keep the formatting perfect. Investment bankers get drilled about formatting errors therefore they pick up on even the tiniest of mistakes easily.

I hope this helps, good luck
Cantthinkofone01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know if they tell you instantly if you pass the telephone interview.From last years thread it seems instant, however I got a “we’ll let you know in three working days”
Mohammad77
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello guys I was wondering what grades you had when you applied for the degree apprenticeship
HeroinAddict
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Cantthinkofone01)
Does anyone know if they tell you instantly if you pass the telephone interview.From last years thread it seems instant, however I got a “we’ll let you know in three working days”
I've done a phone interview and felt pretty iffy about it. But I was pleased to find out the next day that I have been successful and I was prompted to book a place for an assessment centre in their office in London.
Cantthinkofone01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Exact same thing happened to me. Posted that on the day of the interview as I felt it didn't go very well. The interviewer was very straight to the point and cut me off a couple of times too.
Cantthinkofone01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Mohammad77)
Hello guys I was wondering what grades you had when you applied for the degree apprenticeship
I'm predicted ABB. A* and A in Maths and English language GCSE's.
HeroinAddict
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Exact same thing happened to me. Posted that on the day of the interview as I felt it didn't go very well. The interviewer was very straight to the point and cut me off a couple of times too.
I can understand it though. I can imagine the interviewer had to go through 100s of applicants that day. I looked back at how long the phone call was and it was 10 minutes 1 second. So I can appreciate how tough it can be to speak with that many people in that short a time.
Mohammad77
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by HeroinAddict)
I've done a phone interview and felt pretty iffy about it. But I was pleased to find out the next day that I have been successful and I was prompted to book a place for an assessment centre in their office in London.
Hello can you give us advice on what kind of questions they asked you
Cantthinkofone01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by HeroinAddict)
I can understand it though. I can imagine the interviewer had to go through 100s of applicants that day. I looked back at how long the phone call was and it was 10 minutes 1 second. So I can appreciate how tough it can be to speak with that many people in that short a time.
yeah, likewise. I can understand why she was so to the point, but didn't help my nerves at all!
moe889
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
anyone applied for the london financial services role?
Cantthinkofone01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by moe889)
anyone applied for the london financial services role?
Yes that’s the role I’ve applied to, what stage are you on?
NSAMM
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you don’t mind please can you briefly explain what kind f questions they ask at the interview- feeling nervous
moe889
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yes that’s the role I’ve applied to, what stage are you on?
got the telephone interview today wbu?
Cantthinkofone01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by moe889)
got the telephone interview today wbu?
Assessment centre in December. Good luck with your telephone interview!
ibrahim0119
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Guys, does anybody know what's going to come up in the assessment centre for the apprenticeship for financial services. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (155)
24.45%
Pop (156)
24.61%
Jazz (26)
4.1%
Classical (37)
5.84%
Hip-Hop (111)
17.51%