JP Morgan Apprenticeship 2019 Watch

a.aneesah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey guys, (mostly females please) what are you guys wearing to the assessment centre? I’m not one to wear short skirts or dresses but I’m still wondering. Just booked my place in for January yesterday evening, I got my place about 20 minutes after my call.
Alexwright1010
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by a.aneesah)
Hey guys, (mostly females please) what are you guys wearing to the assessment centre? I’m not one to wear short skirts or dresses but I’m still wondering. Just booked my place in for January yesterday evening, I got my place about 20 minutes after my call.
I’ve got mine tomorrow and was just thinking of wearing a blazer, skirt and boots x
rriiyyaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Alexwright1010)
I’ve got mine tomorrow and was just thinking of wearing a blazer, skirt and boots x
I'm planning on wearing the same thing x
a.aneesah
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Alexwright1010)
Yeah I was thinking a blazer, roll neck top (because it’s so cold) and tailored trousers. Didn’t know I could wear boots but I’ll probably opt for some clean looking block heel boots then! Thanks for the help and good luck.
RC7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Has anyone had the Assessment centre this week?
Could you give any idea as to what you do there?
HeroinAddict
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by RC7)
Has anyone had the Assessment centre this week?
Could you give any idea as to what you do there?
Just came back from their office.

Someone posted his/her experience in this thread, and it is pretty much spot on.

Good luck

IIRC they have already filled up all the assessment centres, so if you aren't booked in for the one you might be too late - not entirely sure.

35 people in each assessment centre and my guess is that they are doing roughly 20 sessions so if you get to that level you are down to the last ~700 out of over 4000 applicants.

No individual interviews, just:
- Group task 1
- Q&A
- Group task 2

It takes roughly 2 hours for the whole day, I recommend eating before you go (if you book on the 1 pm session).

Out of fairness of the other applicants I won't give anything else away but, they are looking for:
- Good attitude
- Listening & communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Motivation
- Problem-solving

I, unfortunately, didn't get through the assessment centre, the competition was very tough and I knew that the moment I walked in the room so I'm not too annoyed. If you are like me and you don't get through just look at it as experience and work out where you went wrong.
sja231
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What was the structure of the day? It's supposed to last 4 hours so I don't really see how there can just be a group exercise and Q&A session? Were there psychometric tests and if so what type were they? Thanks
HeroinAddict
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by sja231)
What was the structure of the day? It's supposed to last 4 hours so I don't really see how there can just be a group exercise and Q&A session? Were there psychometric tests and if so what type were they? Thanks
it lasted 2 hours
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JPM19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Received my invite to the Insight Evening just now!!

I connected with some of the recruiters/apprentices after the assessment centre and he said that competition this year is the highest it's been - they reckon it's because of the new uni partnership. One of them told me that there's only 4 spaces left for the IEs from the next 6 assessment centres they'll have this week so I'm glad I had my assessment centre early. Places for the IEs are filled on a first come first serve basis.

Good luck if you're still to have yours!

And as has been said above, there's no psychometric tests to do and the format is as what has been said already.
mustafaabid
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JPM19)

I connected with some of the recruiters/apprentices after the assessment centre and he said that competition this year is the highest it's been - they reckon it's because of the new uni partnership. One of them told me that there's only 4 spaces left for the IEs from the next 6 assessment centres they'll have this week so I'm glad I had my assessment centre early. Places for the IEs are filled on a first come first serve basis.

And as has been said above, there's no psychometric tests to do and the format is as what has been said already.
When did do the AC?
and congrats on the offer!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HeroinAddict
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JPM19)

I connected with some of the recruiters/apprentices after the assessment centre and he said that competition this year is the highest it's been - they reckon it's because of the new uni partnership. One of them told me that there are only 4 spaces left for the IEs from the next 6 assessment centres they'll have this week so I'm glad I had my assessment centre early. Places for the IEs are filled on a first come first serve basis.

And as has been said above, there are no psychometric tests to do and the format is as what has been said already.
Congrats buddy
What do you mean by "One of them told me that there are only 4 spaces left for the IEs from the next 6 assessment centres"?
JPM19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mustafaabid)
When did do the AC?
and congrats on the offer!
I had my AC yesterday!

(Original post by HeroinAddict)
Congrats buddy
What do you mean by "One of them told me that there are only 4 spaces left for the IEs from the next 6 assessment centres"?
There are only 4 spots left for the next stage of the application process, the insight evening (IE), for the remaining assessment centres this week.
sja231
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What types of topics came up in the group exercises? thanks
JPM19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by a.aneesah)
Just to clarify, there’s 4 spaces remaining overall or there’s 4 spaces remaining for the AC’s taking place this week? My AC is in January and I don’t want to misunderstand you.
Assessment centres for London are taking place this week. The ones in January are for Bournemouth.

Separate application processes with different timelines.

I don't know the deal with Bournemouth so I imagine all positions are still open for Bournemouth.
Counterstrike1.6
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Anyone else heard back from JP if they've already had their assessment centre, just curious, mine was on the 11th
Casey711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by TRIPLOW)
Through to the assessment centre of the 13th
Me too!
Johhny_321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Casey711)
Me too!
What date did you go to the AC?
Casey711
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Johhny_321)
What date did you go to the AC?
Today
Dndndxnxbxbxn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How many people make it through to the insight day does anyone know?
Dndndxnxbxbxn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How many people make it to the insight day for JP morgan apprenticeship financial services
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%