The Student Room Group

can a mature student do A levels?

can a mature student (someone who is 19+) do A levels?
Yes.

I'm 19 turning 20 and doing my A-levels right now. You'll have to do them privately though; that is you'll have to study independently and take the exams at a certified exam centre (there are many in the UK). This does cost money too. Hope this helps!
Original post by idontkn
can a mature student (someone who is 19+) do A levels?

You could study independently either with text books/internet resources or a paid for distance learning package and then take the exams as a private candidate as described above. Many colleges will accept 19+ students onto A level courses. You would usually have to pay fees and might be eligible for a learner loan to fund that. If university is your goal then an access course may be a quicker way to achieve that goal.
Of course you can, it will however be difficult to stay motivated so you should be determined to finish if you start. Also I hope you have a good explanation for why you didn't finish it earlier I.e. If you had a gap in education bc universities will ask about this.
You can, but depending on what you want to go onto do you could do an access to higher education course instead, which is like A levels condensed.

Quick Reply

Latest