Turn on thread page Beta

☢️ Radioactivity through International AS levels 🖋️📚 watch

ReputationRep:
    ...Welcome to my new GYG !
    ................................ ..............................(New descriptions updated in the spoilers below)

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  204.4 KB

Hi :hello:

My last thread got a bit messy, especially in ways I wouldn't ever want. Also, I procrastinated, got irregular, fell ill, etc. I also felt like I had been confusing everyone with my random actions
    So my perfectionist self (a trait of mine that I dislike ) decided to start everything afresh

And yeah, I forgot to tell you all that I'm actually doing the International AS levels :yes:

:bubbles:About me :bubbles:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm an introvert, and a bit nerdy in nature. I tend to be a perfectionist in certain cases, but I'm no behind at being a massive procrastinator either

My hobbies are listening to music, playing the guitar, bullet-journalling, watching YouTube videos, ranting about music and artists, blogging on TSR, writing songs. I'm a huge fangirl as some of you can already tell :embarrassed:

I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Ariana Grande, Alan Walker, Marshmello, Anne-Marie, CNCO, BLACKPINK, EXO, and of course, Lay 😍

Erick Brian Colón from CNCO (A Latin boyband) and Lay from EXO (K-pop boyband) are my celebrity crushes, so I'll probably post their pictures, memes or gifs quite often cuz I really love both of them 💜

I'm literally a scaredy cat-
    I stress and get anxious over little things a lot, and it really affects me sometimes. So you'll probably have to put up with my horrifying rants and breakdowns with some... erm, patience

:jive:IGCSE results achieved:jive:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Physics: A*

Chemistry: A*

Biology: A*

Bengali: A*

English Language (spec B): A

Mathematics (spec B): A*

Further Pure Mathematics: A

The IAS level subjects that I'm doing:lazy:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Physics, Chemistry and Maths (all Edexcel)
    Honestly, I'm not yet sure what I want to do at uni, but it's probably going to be something in the Engineering field :dontknow:

Despite my frustration over studying and life, I'm also here to confirm that I've made really conscious and thoughtful choices, and I genuinely love and enjoy the subjects that I'm doing :yep:

:rose: A brief note :rose:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The workload/tasks/homework that I share on here is a mixture of my self-study work and school work.
    I'm learning ahead some stuff on my own while doing the teacher assigned work too, but I rarely mention the difference between the two in my posts, I only state what I'm doing to try and boost my confidence/performance/grades in the subjects that I'm doing.

Plus I also have an amazing Maths tutor for extra help, besides my Maths teacher at school :dancing2:

Index

Apology and reassurance
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm extremely sorry for the fact that a lot of you might be receiving heaps of notifications from me since I edit my posts a lot :getmecoat:

Also, if you do not want to be tagged, you can tell me anytime. Trust me, I won't mind

I don't want to spam you all, especially if you aren't much active, or just busy in general :cube:

:heart:The lovely tag squad:heart:

Please feel free to tell me if you want to be/do not want to be tagged

ReputationRep:
    Tag me! (Plz don't create another one if this one is messy as well :hugs: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    Tag me! (Plz don't create another one if this one is messy as well :hugs: )
    Sure :hugs:

Dw, I won't. This was just meant to be a fresh start

ReputationRep:
    Here's to new beginnings :dumbells:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Defo spontaneous decay is occurring rn:yep:
    :thumbsup:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Have you decided on what universities you'll be applying to?

Good Luck with this

ReputationRep:
    This thread is as cool as a cucumber

I haven't disappeared, I still read updates :P

Keep going and good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello. :wavey: Ah, perfectionism, I have the same problem (hence why i also started a new GYG :rofl:) it's sometimes very annoying indeed. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spannerin'moi)
    Here's to new beginnings :dumbells:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Defo spontaneous decay is occurring rn:yep:
    :thumbsup:
    :woo:

(Original post by Crow_M)
    This thread is as cool as a cucumber

I haven't disappeared, I still read updates :P

Keep going and good luck!
    Thank you

(Original post by MaizieAmyr)
    Hello. :wavey: Ah, perfectionism, I have the same problem (hence why i also started a new GYG :rofl:) it's sometimes very annoying indeed. :yep:
    :hi:

Ikr ? It's so annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missradioactive)
    :woo:

Thank you

:hi:

Ikr ? It's so annoying
    Yeah. It also doesn't help when trying to study. It also makes me very harsh on myself as not getting the top grade is not good enough regardless if I'm good at the subject or not. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaizieAmyr)
    Yeah. It also doesn't help when trying to study. It also makes me very harsh on myself as not getting the top grade is not good enough regardless if I'm good at the subject or not. :sadnod:
    The exact same thing happens to me

But I'm trying to diminish it using alpha radiation

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing happens to me

But I'm trying to diminish it using alpha radiation
    :rofl: I'm not really sure how to control it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Sure :hugs:

Dw, I won't. This was just meant to be a fresh start
    Oh good :yes:
    :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    looking forward to reading this

ReputationRep:
    good luck im also quite excited huehuehue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfall)
    :jumphug:

(Original post by rainclouds-)
    good luck im also quite excited huehuehue
    I'm scared and excited at the same time huehuehue :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    can’t wait to see how you do:excited:
    Good luck lovely:love:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    can’t wait to see how you do:excited:
    Good luck lovely:love:
    Thank you :love:

ReputationRep:
    Long time no see !

Hola ! :hi:

Been real busy doing work this week, thanks to Chemistry

My Chemistry teacher has this thing-
    if we don't properly revise/do homework/answer his sudden questions regarding the topics in class, we're given extra work as punishment :afraid:
    This means we constantly have to keep doing/revising Chem work regularly.
    This is probably the reason why most of his students end up getting As/A*s

So naturally, Chemistry takes up a lot of time, and sometimes I barely have time left for my self-studying

Basically, this is me when my Chemistry teacher gives me even MORE homework

So far, I rewrote and revised the class notes of Organic Chemistry (from both Unit 1 and 2). I'm currently doing some work on Moles, Atomic structure, The Periodic table. I've also practised exercise questions of the Organic Chemistry. I've done a few more past paper questions too. I've also thoroughly read through many chapters of both the Organic and Inorganic Chemistry. And the good news is, I don't struggle in Chem anymore. Everything seems really easy now

Yeah, my motivation is back, and my brain isn't tired from the IGCSEs anymore :woo:

For Physics, I just went over my class notes and practised more Mechanics stuff.

In Maths, I've already finished the old spec books like I'd mentioned in my previous thread, and I'm still doing the new spec (thanks to the Chemistry workload taking up all the time of the day )
    I've already started Statistics though, because I just have this feeling of 'wanting to be done with everything at once' :rofl:
    Statistics is kinda twisted, ngl :emo:

Life seems to be going better than before. I'm surprisingly able to manage stress now. I can now think more positively, and I rarely let things get to me or hit me hard. But the frustration of Chemistry still needs to be well-managed tho :argh:

Oh, and I'd been listening to 'Faded' by Alan Walker this afternoon with my mom, and we both turned emotional lmao

:heart:The lovely tag squad:heart:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    glad to hear you're coping with your subjects better now!:yes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.