Steven Seagal walks out of awkward Newsnight interview Watch

username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a8...rsty-wark-bbc/
Seagal, who was given the surprising title of "Special Representative for Russia-US Cultural Links", brought his chat with Kirsty Wark to an abrupt end after the presenter asked him about his experience with sexual misconduct allegations.
The latest instalment by the BBC in their drive to promote the correct views and attitudes in our society, the man was obviously invited only to lead up to that. Bless him, what did he think he was walking into?
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Pity he didn't do some research. He could asked Kirsty about the BBC spending years protecting the multiple child rapist Mr J Savile.
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It'd be good to have a link to the whole interview rather than the 'dramatic' walking off that Wark was going for. So here it is, from 32 minutes to 36 minutes.

Tbh the questions were rather stupid all the way through:

Ask a diplomat what his work is like behind closed doors with Putin - not going to get a straight and informative answer off anyone.
How did you first meet Putin - wtf is this on Newsnight?
It's going to be a difficult job, isn't it - obviously.
What does Trump think of your relationship with Putin - how can he know this?
Which is better, USA or Russia - lol, did you read his job title?
Somebody accused you of rape, how did you deal with it - of course he's going to walk out there.

Seagal's voice actually reminds me of Trump's, in a strange way. He did't seem that ready for the interview, but that's not really his role, nor is memorising lines and giving a convincing performance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (141)
18.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.09%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (110)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed