HM Treasury Graduate Scheme (2018/9) Watch

loisanne123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by spa14)
I think I took a similar time for my tests! I'm hoping they don't look into it too much!
Aaah that makes me feel better. Fingers crossed!
loisanne123
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Uncle_Fester)
I did mine today. 12 on VR and I think 16-17 on NR? One particular question has my head hurting, but I must have only answered like 6-8 questions? I'm sure you'll do fine! There were some who took much much longer. Plus, if you have a high accuracy it'll help make up for taking a bit longer I'm sure. Good luck!
It sounds like you killed it! I hope so 😬 there was one question that I was staring at for soooo long. I wonder how long we will have to wait to hear back!
Uncle_Fester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by loisanne123)
It sounds like you killed it! I hope so 😬 there was one question that I was staring at for soooo long. I wonder how long we will have to wait to hear back!
hahaha I'm not sure of that. Because it's a gradual assessment finding what level you're at through-traffic and error I'm nervous having so few questions.

if I remember correctly it didn't take long to find out about the tests (I applied last year). It's the review stage which is killer.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Uncle_Fester; 2 months ago
Iloveowls123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I finished my online tests on Sunday - more worried about the review stage though!
loisanne123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Iloveowls123)
I finished my online tests on Sunday - more worried about the review stage though!
What is the review stage? Between tests and interview where they look at your application before deciding if it goes further? This is my first time applying!
gpgdk
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh dear, just looked at this thread after I completed my tests and took my sweet time on the numerical reasoning one. Not sure why it didn't occur to me that although I wouldn't be timed, I would still be assessed on the time taken...

How long did you guys take to complete the tests? My numerical reasoning was 28 minutes then verbal reasoning was 12. If that gives an indicator of my struggle with numbers haha!
Around 11 minutes for verbal and 15 for numerical? I may have rushed it slightly.. (and I'm not the best with numbers either)
Ellayork97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is the review stage? Between tests and interview where they look at your application before deciding if it goes further? This is my first time applying!
They sift through the answers you wrote on your application if you pass the online tests to decide if you go to the assessment centre.
rangeanxiety
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm a bit worried now I've seen how long you guys took. I think my numerical was 44 minutes! I didn't rush and double checked a lot of my answers. Oh well at least I'm certain I got all of them right! Its particularly annoying because there were two questions where I knew the answer just from looking at the graph but I still took time to work it out to make sure, which was a waste of time.

I took 17 minutes on the verbal reasoning but I'm less confident on some of my answers.
Last edited by rangeanxiety; 1 month ago
aubreywannabe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rangeanxiety)
I'm a bit worried now I've seen how long you guys took. I think my numerical was 44 minutes! I didn't rush and double checked a lot of my answers. Oh well at least I'm certain I got all of them right! Its particularly annoying because there were two questions where I knew the answer just from looking at the graph but I still took time to work it out to make sure, which was a waste of time.

I took 17 minutes on the verbal reasoning but I'm less confident on some of my answers.
I know how you feel, my NRT took 55mins! Not sure how many questions I completed during that time but it felt like quite a few, and they definitely progressively got harder, although I'm sure I spent too long on a few.

Looking at last years thread we've probably got around a week before we hear back about the tests, so plenty of time for self doubt haha
rangeanxiety
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aubreywannabe)
I know how you feel, my NRT took 55mins! Not sure how many questions I completed during that time but it felt like quite a few, and they definitely progressively got harder, although I'm sure I spent too long on a few.

Looking at last years thread we've probably got around a week before we hear back about the tests, so plenty of time for self doubt haha
I don't know how many questions I had either, I was a few questions in before I realised I maybe should have counted them. Oh well, I'm probably happier not knowing my avg time per question

Hahaha oh dear, I can pack a lot of worrying into a week! Good luck, fingers crossed they're looking for some people who overthink maths!
whatsitcalled
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't worry about how long you took on the tests, it's not factored into your score at all (even though it tells you how long it took you at the end).
jheez1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by whatsitcalled)
Don't worry about how long you took on the tests, it's not factored into your score at all (even though it tells you how long it took you at the end).
How do you know? Does seem unfair if time taken is a factor, given that they do not tell us that
priyagurung14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey guys, any idea when we will hear back?

I completed my numerical and verbal tests but did not receive any e-mail or completion confirmation. Thanks!
aubreywannabe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by priyagurung14)
Hey guys, any idea when we will hear back?

I completed my numerical and verbal tests but did not receive any e-mail or completion confirmation. Thanks!
Doesn't seem to be much info on it on the website, but in last years thread it looks like it took around a week for people to start hearing back, which was in early December. Then seemed to take another 3 weeks or so for the Sift results to be released!
itscaitlin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone, I just completed verbal and numerical (pretty last minute). For anyone still to complete I found numerical not too hard and verbal harder than I expected (even though English has always been my strong point and maths my weakness). However, I did rush verbal as I was worried they were still keeping track of time even though they said they wouldn't. For numerical I then decided to take my time.

I understand how it works is that they assess you until they understand your level of ability. I didn't have to answer many verbal questions but a lot for numerical. Does anyone know if this means I did better on one over the other? Or did people find numerical longer in general? I'm not sure whether its better to be given a lot of questions or few..
Last edited by itscaitlin; 1 month ago
Gauge/Gravity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I actually took 56 minutes to do the Numerical test, how did you guys do it so quickly? I thought it was going well too, it was the Verbal Reasoning Test that I'm pretty sure I failed
itscaitlin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gauge/Gravity)
I actually took 56 minutes to do the Numerical test, how did you guys do it so quickly? I thought it was going well too, it was the Verbal Reasoning Test that I'm pretty sure I failed
Yes! Verbal reasoning seemed so hard and I never usually feel that way about them... English is 100% my strong point and I'm awful at maths. In these tests it was like my abilities completely switched...
Iloveowls123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes exactly - it's my first time too, but most grad schemes will have that filter out stage, otherwise loads of people will be invited to AC stage! Apparently it's quite a tough stage for this scheme.
becka15833333
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Help!!! I only took 8 minutes of my numerical test and I’m honestly panicking. It went from easy to really hard very quickly. What does this mean? Did I do good or am I just very stupid? Please advise. Apparently we get our results tomorrow and I want to be semi prepared.
Uncle_Fester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becka15833333)
Help!!! I only took 8 minutes of my numerical test and I’m honestly panicking. It went from easy to really hard very quickly. What does this mean? Did I do good or am I just very stupid? Please advise. Apparently we get our results tomorrow and I want to be semi prepared.
Hey don't worry! Sadly no one can tell you how you did except for HM treasury but the way the test works is that it tests you on varying degrees of difficulty and by doing that it can assess your average accuracy level. I took 16 on numerical, some took 18 even 44. I wouldn't worry about it! Just try to relax. just cause you took 8 doesn't mean you did badly!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Uncle_Fester; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads