The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

2019 entry University of Brighton undergraduate applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

I’ve firmed my unconditional to study sociology at Brighton uni and I’d like to meet as many people applying/ going in September.
(edited 5 years ago)
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by lewisharmes
Name: Lewis
Course(s) Applied for: Sociology
Other Unis Applied to: Portsmouth, Bath, Bath Spa, Winchester
Anything Else: recieved unconditionals from all minus Bath, I am away from next week till July abroad (no time to attend open days) so if anyone can give me any indication of what the facilities etc are like for Social Science's at Brighton that would be much appreciated :smile:

Hey, I’ve got an unconditional to study sociology at Brighton uni and I’ve firmed it, let me know which uni u decide on.
Name/Username: Jade
Course(s) Applied for: History, literature and culture
Other Unis Applied to: Bournemouth, Edgehill, Derby and Wolverhampton
Anything else: have an unconditional so if anyone else is going or doing the same course let me know
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 23
Name: Ali
Course applied: Pharmacy
Other universities: Reading, East Anglia, Linclon and kingston.
hey there! I have applied and received a conditional offer for social sciences. I am really considering going there and would love to meet other people as well xx
Name: Ali
Course: Civil engineering
Other Unis: Kingston, University Of Surrey, City of London and Greenwich
If anyone is thinking about applying for 2019, check out this link!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5802454&p=81852754#post81852754

Marta

University of Brighton Official Rep :nyan:
Name/Username: Holly
Course(s) Applied for: Primary Education (5-11 years)
Other Unis Applied to: Canterbury Christ Church
Name/Username: Hannah
Course(s) Applied for: International Hospitality
Other Unis Applied to: Leeds, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Oxford Brookes
Looking to try and chat to people who are going to Brighton :smile:
Course(s) Applied for: English language and creative writing
Other Unis Applied to: Chichester, Sussex, Portsmouth and Kingston (only interested in Kingston though tbh)
Are you coming to an applicant day? I wanted to but can't make it to any of the dates :frown:

Really nervous about uni, nobody else I know has applied to the same places as me lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Name/Usernam: Jake
Course(s) Applied for: BSc Business Management with placement year
Other Unis Applied to: Essex, LSBU, UEL, London Met
Are you coming to an applicant day? Already been and was decent.
I live in Hong Kong so I can’t make it to one either sadly, I’m also so nervous ahah. Do you think you’ll be coming to Brighton

Original post by lollyac01
Other Unis Applied to: Chichester, Sussex, Portsmouth and Kingston (only interested in Kingston though tbh)
Are you coming to an applicant day? I wanted to but can't make it to any of the dates :frown:

Really nervous about uni, nobody else I know has applied to the same places as me lol
Oh damnnn that's cool though! And honestly I'm so worried about it ll. And yes, Brighton is my first choice :smile:
Original post by hannaholsen
I live in Hong Kong so I can’t make it to one either sadly, I’m also so nervous ahah. Do you think you’ll be coming to Brighton
Hey Lolly & Hannah

Don't stress! Remember that most people will be going to a university where they don't know people. This has been happening for decades, we've got you :five:

Freshers/Welcome Week exists exactly because of this, you all get to meet each other at various events and join societies that relate to things you are interested in (or that you want to become interested in - Uni can be a time to reinvent yourself :zorro:).

Everyone is in the same position as you, except you're already ahead of the game by coming on here and meeting people in advance :biggrin:

Don't let your worries get in the way of being excited about coming to Uni, we're certainly excited to welcome you!

Shiv
Accommodation Office

Original post by hannaholsen
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey Holly!

Being nervous about starting university is natural and everyone is in exactly the same boat! Chichester has a great support system for students and an extremely friendly environment, you are more than welcome to join our official Chichester forum to meet other applicants: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5759062&p=82319618&page=2#post82319618

This thread looks like it’s died down but I’m Phoenix, I’ve applied for Public Health and received an unconditional. I didn’t apply to anywhere else! Look forward to possibly seeing some of you there :smile:
hey I’m also doing public health! did you get an offer?
Original post by GenGen90
Gen Public Health Also applied to: Salford, UEL, Bradford, ARU Any idea how long it takes to get offers / declines ? Are unconditionals common? I sent off my application today and am so nervous!
Name: Sophie
Course: Linguistics
Other universities: Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Kingston, Oxford Brookes
Name: JoeCourse: Geography BSCUniversities I applied to: Brighton, Royal Holloway, Hertfordshire, Nottingham and Exeter. I got an unconditional from Brighton and accepted it and my place is confirmed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending