Watch
This discussion is closed.
University of Aberdeen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for Aberdeen applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:
Molyy022
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I’m Molly and I’m applying for law! My grades are AAABB, which aren’t great from a law applicant but I’m hoping for some offers. I’m applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, RGU and Stirling. Anyone know how quick the universities are in offering places and how likely I am to get accepted? Thank you, good luck everyone too x
Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

I’m also a law applicant from Scotland and I have applied for the dual qualifying degree.

My grades are 5As and a B at Higher and I am predicated AAA for Advanced Higher.

I’ve also applied to Oxford, Edinburgh and Glasgow and am yet to decide on my fifth choice.

I have heard nothing from Aberdeen in the past 10 days (not even an acknowledgement) since applying which is a shame as I was hoping for an early offer. I guess I need to be patient.

Best of luck to you all!
Molyy022
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yoshi123456)
Hi

I’m also a law applicant from Scotland and I have applied for the dual qualifying degree.

My grades are 5As and a B at Higher and I am predicated AAA for Advanced Higher.

I’ve also applied to Oxford, Edinburgh and Glasgow and am yet to decide on my fifth choice.

I have heard nothing from Aberdeen in the past 10 days (not even an acknowledgement) since applying which is a shame as I was hoping for an early offer. I guess I need to be patient.

Best of luck to you all!
Wow, your grades are great! Hence my apprehension at getting accepted because my grades . Do you know how quickly other unis are to give out offers?
Yoshi12345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Molyy022)
Wow, your grades are great! Hence my apprehension at getting accepted because my grades . Do you know how quickly other unis are to give out offers?
No. I have no idea and I’m not good at waiting either.

Our school (neat to Aberdeen) had a talk from an admissions officer from arts and humanities at Aberdeen Uni and she said all applicants with 5 As would receive an unconditional offer so I guess they haven’t started sending out offers yet?

Good luck!
Molyy022
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yoshi12345)
No. I have no idea and I’m not good at waiting either.

Our school (neat to Aberdeen) had a talk from an admissions officer from arts and humanities at Aberdeen Uni and she said all applicants with 5 As would receive an unconditional offer so I guess they haven’t started sending out offers yet?

Good luck!
I don’t think offers are being sent out, none of my friends who have applied have received anything yet either.

It states on website minimum is AABBB, so I guess we both stand a chance at getting unconditionals.
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi guys, Aberdeen were very slow to send out offers last year - many people had to wait till March or even April!
arpereira
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name/Username: Rita
Course(s) Applied for: Neuroscience with Psychology
Other Unis Applied to: Strathclyde, Heriot Watt, Dundee and Edinburgh Napier

Predicted 34 points in IB. I’m doing retakes in 3 subjects (Bio, Econ and Chem) and predicted a 5 in each.
ElfinKnight
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
I’m Luke and I’m living in Italy atm
I’m applying to Aberdeen for History and Philosophy ...and I’m also applying to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Dundee and Stirling.
I’m a bit worried about Aberdeen because I’ve received different opinions about the city...anybody could tell me how is living there? Also I’m interested in their Anglo-Saxon and Celtics courses...
Yoshi123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First offer today!!! So happy.......

Unconditional offer for Scots Law and English Law.
N.B I am a Scottish student.
Molyy022
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yoshi123456)
First offer today!!! So happy.......

Unconditional offer for Scots Law and English Law.
N.B I am a Scottish student.
I also got an unconditional offer this morning for law! Have you heard from Edinburgh?
Yoshi12345
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Molyy022)
I also got an unconditional offer this morning for law! Have you heard from Edinburgh?
Congrats!

No, nothing yet from Edinburgh. You?
scottishst25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also applying for Scots law, applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, strathclyde and Glasgow but haven’t submitted application yet. Did anyone do the reach programme at Glasgow uni?
Molyy022
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yoshi12345)
Congrats!

No, nothing yet from Edinburgh. You?
No, I have heard people have been receiving conditionals from Edinburgh. Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing not to have received one!
Yoshi123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Conditionals for Law and for Scottish students? That’s interesting.....
I was hoping for an unconditional due to my 5As and a B at Higher, but maybe they don’t do that anymore?

Good luck in any case!
Last edited by Yoshi123456; 2 years ago
NeuroJanine
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the process of applying for doing a PhD in Psychology, I am currently finishing my MSc at RGU so I'm not sure if it will be October or 2020 I will get in. Doing the course part time due to caring commitments
MaisieUniScared7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I'm MaisieI'm applying for Law with English Law and European Legal Studies. I got 3 A's and a B last year so I'm really worried about applying for Uni as I only have 4 Highers. I'm studying 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers this year and I'm predicted A/B in them all.I'm not entirely sure where else I'm applying for but thinking Dundee, Edinburgh (Napier more likely because of my grades) and Stirling.
bean101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
course: chemical engineering
other unis: edinburgh, strathclyde, heriotwatt, glasgow
higher grades: AAAAA
current subjects: maths, chemistry, physics

application submitted: 20/11/18
acknowledged: 22/11/18
Last edited by bean101; 1 year ago
bean101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone received offers? If so how long did it take?
Yoshi12345
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have an unconditional offer for Scots law with English law . I’m Scottish. Applied 10/10. Offer 12/11.

My stats are 5As and a B at Higher and AAA predicted for Advanced Higher.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
18.94%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.5%

Watched Threads