The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

I lived a year in halls when I was an exchange student and if you like partying and making friends, Hector Boece is also a very good shout! The blocks are also near the river so if you're lucky you can have a nice niew
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Hej! Kul att se en annan svensk som har sökt till Aberdeen! Hoppas du får en plats!
Original post by Frederick WS
Hello, my name's Frederick and I'm Swedish. I'm applying for an unconditional offer for history/archaeology but I haven't heard anything yet, a little worrying hearing these posts about EU nationals not having any more spots (maybe because Brexit?) Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how the city is like for students? Gray and boring all the way through or fun university town?Thanks in advance
Original post by Skmk123
Hej! Kul att se en annan svensk som har sökt till Aberdeen! Hoppas du får en plats!

Tjena! komin arkeologi/hisoria och internationella relationer/historia. Valde internationella relationer! Ses i september!
Gratttis! Jag kom in environmental science!
Original post by Frederick WS
Tjena! komin arkeologi/hisoria och internationella relationer/historia. Valde internationella relationer! Ses i september!
Hey guys :smile:
I'm a Sociology undergrad and I created a page on Insta for the Uni of Aberdeen :smile: It's called @studyataberdeen and on there I answer questions about student life, I will show lectures and assignments, and I also post pictures of the uni and Aberdeen city :smile:
I created this account because I would have loved to get an insight into what studying at Aberdeen Uni is like before going there :smile:
If you're interested, please check the account out and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about student life, academics, the course structures, lecturers, societies, etc :smile:
Original post by Bellejardiniere4
Name/Username: Rebecca
Course(s) Applied for: History and Film/Visual Culture
Other places I applied: Glasgow, Boston College, Cornell, Quinnipiac, Endicott College, SUNY Potsdam

I received an unconditional in January from Aberdeen and a conditional from Glasgow. Still waiting on two colleges back in the states (I’m an international applicant from the US). Aberdeen is my #1, even though it’s 3000 miles away, so we’ll see. I’d love to attend, but it depends on the financial aid I receive if I get into one of the two colleges I’m still waiting on.

Congrats to everyone and good luck to those who are still waiting!

Original post by Bellejardiniere4
Does anybody know how many people apply each year? I was curious because there is only (which by my standards is a mid-sized college) 14500 students?

Original post by Unidentifieddk
Has anyone heard back for history lately?

Original post by einna5500
Hi! I've got a place for History and International Relations starting this September. Was originally a conditional but I got my grades last summer so I'm sitting on a unconditional now. Super excited to meet some of you later this year! :smile:

Original post by Katie._.e
I got an offer for international relations and anthropology quite recently

Original post by Zefsofresh
Archaeology? Any1 got offers?

Original post by Unidentifieddk
I’m waiting to hear back for archaeology. Applied in October so it’s taken forever really😂 have you heard back?

Original post by DorottyaEmese
I'm waiting for the decision on my application for Politics and International Relations, History and IR and French and IR. I hope they get back soon, I've been rejected from my other two choices, even though I exceeded the requirements (EU student, so probably that's why)

Original post by floraa02
I'm Amber
I've applied for BSc Geography
I also applied to UHI, Heriot Watt, Dundee and St Andrews but I think Aberdeen is my first choice
I'm excited.

Original post by floraa02
i wouldn’t worry too much, i haven’t heard from dundee and i’m sure their offer days are soon. stay positive!

Hey guys :smile:
If you have any questions regarding student life, the societies, Aberdeen City, etc., check out my insta account @studyataberdeen . I'm a Sociology undergrad so I know Aberdeen and the Uni pretty well and I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have :smile:
I also do regular Q&As :smile:
Hello all,
If you are waiting to hear back from the university either from applications or enquiries I have been advised that they tend to respond in batches. I hope this helps!
Reply 247
Original post by University of Aberdeen
:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for Aberdeen applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019 :biggrin:

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:

Hi everyone, I’m Kristen and I’ve received an unconditional offer to study history at Aberdeen 😁
Original post by Malik02
Hi everyone,I am an applicant for g2m Aberdeen 2020. I will be grateful if someone can give me some tips and general advice on the course. Did you complete the G2M and get into medicine? I really want to get into this course and I am so scared because I still haven’t heard anything from the university about interviews. Thank you so much for the help in advance.

I'm not doing G2M or medicine or anything, but the uni usually responds to applications by the end of March. I know it seems daunting because it's 2 more months but maybe they'll respond quicker
Otherwise, if you have more specific questions and no one here has done g2m, consider emailing the uni directly :smile: they are really helpful

Latest

Trending

Trending