The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bean101
Has anyone received offers? If so how long did it take? :smile:

Hello, I applied in early December and just heard back yesterday. I have got 3 conditionals :smile:

Have you heard back yet?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
have any EU applicants received offers from Aberdeen yet? Applied for English and German on the 12th of October and still haven't heard anything! a friend of mine applied for Zoology around the same time and also hasn't heard anything x
Original post by rosaleen538
have any EU applicants received offers from Aberdeen yet? Applied for English and German on the 12th of October and still haven't heard anything! a friend of mine applied for Zoology around the same time and also hasn't heard anything x

I got on the 12th of December for Neuroscience and Psychology!! I’m an EU student (I live in Portugal). I applied late october
Original post by arpereira
I got on the 12th of December for Neuroscience and Psychology!! I’m an EU student (I live in Portugal). I applied late october

Congratulations!! I'm applying from Ireland...I think maybe the university is slower to send out offers to EU students due to our fee status. What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? x

Congratulations!! I'm applying from Ireland...I think maybe the university is slower to send out offers to EU students due to our fee status. What were your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? x

Hey! I've applied for Neuroscience with Psychology, did you apply for the courses separately or the Major-Minor honours course like me?
Original post by TheOrangeApple
Hey! I've applied for Neuroscience with Psychology, did you apply for the courses separately or the Major-Minor honours course like me?

Yeah sorry it’s Neuroscience with Psychology as well 😂
Original post by rosaleen538

Yeah I think so, I only applied to scottish unis and only aberdeen has replied so far. I got 34 predictdd with 5 in biology and chemistry (I do the IB)
Name/Username: Amy
Course(s) Applied for: MA International Relations and Spanish and Latin American Studies (5 years)
Other Unis Applied to: Liberal Arts at Queen's, Birmingham, Dundee and Exeter
Anything Else: Have any other Birmingham applicants heard back from them yet? I haven't received an acknowledgement or anything from them and I don't know if I should be worried...
Yeah sorry it’s Neuroscience with Psychology as well 😂

No problem :smile: So what made you apply for Neuroscience with Psychology?
No problem :smile: So what made you apply for Neuroscience with Psychology?

I really liked the structure and the modules of the course. For my other 4 choices I applied for Biomedical Sciences but this course really appealed to me. I just find it very interesting 😊 and you?
I really liked the structure and the modules of the course. For my other 4 choices I applied for Biomedical Sciences but this course really appealed to me. I just find it very interesting 😊 and you?

That sounds like my thoughts exactly :biggrin: I've never had any experience of either neuroscience or psychology (besides the psychology talk at Edinburgh, which was amazing by the way!) But the modules look good and it's nice to get some experience of other topics/courses incase neuroscience isn't for me. My other sport science, biological sciences and psychology. I found the biomedical talk at Aberdeen to be really good, but I was a couple of mark off a B in chemistry, so I couldn't meet the chemistry requirement...

Did you go to the open day for Aberdeen? Considering the distance, I could understand if you didn't :biggrin:
That sounds like my thoughts exactly :biggrin: I've never had any experience of either neuroscience or psychology (besides the psychology talk at Edinburgh, which was amazing by the way!) But the modules look good and it's nice to get some experience of other topics/courses incase neuroscience isn't for me. My other sport science, biological sciences and psychology. I found the biomedical talk at Aberdeen to be really good, but I was a couple of mark off a B in chemistry, so I couldn't meet the chemistry requirement...

Did you go to the open day for Aberdeen? Considering the distance, I could understand if you didn't :biggrin:

Noo, I didn’t go, I was thinking of going to visit Scotland after hearing back from all of the unis. Then I could visit the ones who have made an offer and decide better.

Is aberdeen your first choice?
Noo, I didn’t go, I was thinking of going to visit Scotland after hearing back from all of the unis. Then I could visit the ones who have made an offer and decide better.

Is aberdeen your first choice

That makes sense. Currently torn between Edinburgh and Aberdeen, haven't heard from Edinburgh yet, and so that is a dependent factor. What about yourself, is Aberdeen your first choice?
That makes sense. Currently torn between Edinburgh and Aberdeen, haven't heard from Edinburgh yet, and so that is a dependent factor. What about yourself, is Aberdeen your first choice?

I’m torn between Aberdeen and Heriot Watt, still waiting to hear back from Heriot Watt too tho hahaha
Name/Username: Jasmine
Course(s) Applied for: History
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen Uni - History Year 2 (conditional offer), RGU - Applied Social Sciences Year 2 (conditional offer), Stirling Uni - Scottish History Year 1, Dundee Uni - History Year 2, Glasgow Caledonian - Social Sciences Year 2
Anything Else: Currently studying HNC social sciences! Only got my offers from Aberdeen and RGU today, can't wait for the others! Was torn between History or Psychology so might see about swapping courses in due course - but happy to do either or!
Hi,
My name is Eloise and I am from a village near Cambridge in England.
I have applied to read Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies.
I have also applied to Lancaster (Conditional Offer), Chester (Conditional Offer), Bangor (Conditional Offer) and SOAS and am currently waiting for a reply from SOAS.
My cuurent a-levels are History, Religious Studies and Sociology and I completed an EPQ (Extended Project Qaulification) about Spiritualism.
My predicted grades are ABC.
Aberdeen is the only Scottish uni on my list. Glasgow (in a rather peevish manner) said they wouldn't accept my mix of French and English qualifications, and St Andrews needs two science A-levels.
I've applied for entry into year two, but will consider year one. I'd rather go to one of my English choices, because of the distance, but, as I'm an EU applicant, the price is tempting. *sigh*
Course(s) Applied for: Anthropology and International Relations
Other Unis Applied to: Stirling, Edinburgh, West of Scotland and St Andrews
Anything Else: Hi ! I got AABC last year in my highers ( which I know isn't the best ) and I've been predicted three As this year and another B for adv. I sent my application off in late November and have heard nothing back so far.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello, I applied in early December and just heard back yesterday. I have got 3 conditionals :smile:

Have you heard back yet?

Yes I applied in November and heard back exactly a month later 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending