The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

2018-2019 Heriot-Watt Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn’t worry too much. Sometimes unis don’t send acknowledgments. Although I did get one from HW after a few days. Could be you’re waiting on your reference being added?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Agnesbett
Hi

Does Heriot-Watt send acknowledgments for applications and, if so, how long after applications would an acknowledgment be expected? I applied 12 days ago and haven't had an answer.

Thanks

I never got an email, but received an acknowlegement in the post.
Hi

Does Heriot-Watt send acknowledgments for applications and, if so, how long after applications would an acknowledgment be expected? I applied 12 days ago and haven't had an answer.

Thanks

Hi Agnesbett,

You should have received an ackowledgement when you submitted your application. Could you please send us a private message with your full name and date of birth and we'll check this for you?

Thanks,

Carole
Hi

I applied for the British Sign Language course and had my interview on the 11th of Jan, I was wondering if anyone who has applied has heard back and if not how soon will we be hearing back? @Heriot-Watt University
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi Agnesbett,

You should have received an ackowledgement when you submitted your application. Could you please send us a private message with your full name and date of birth and we'll check this for you?

Thanks,

Carole

Hi Carole,

thanks for your reply. The private message was sent ten days ago, but I still have no answer or even an acknowledgment.

Thanks,
Hi Carole,

thanks for your reply. The private message was sent ten days ago, but I still have no answer or even an acknowledgment.

Thanks,

Hi Agnesbett,

Apologies for the delay, I thought I had already responded but i have checked and nothing was in our sent box, so sorry about this technical issue.

I have responded now so it should be in your TSR inbox. With regards to acknowledgement emails I have heard from some other applicants that they have went into their junk folder on their email so please check in there too.

Thanks again,
Keir
Hi there!

I’m actually a first year mathematics student at a different uni but I’ve sent my application off to Heriot watt for civil engineering, however I missed the UCAS deadline (I sent it on Feb 1st) will the uni still consider me?

Grades (Highers): AAAAAAB
Advanced Highers: BB

(Achieved 5 Highers AAAAA in fifth yea, the rest are sixth year. Higher A’s in maths English french physics business modern studies and B in music, advanced Highers in English and maths)
Okay so I have recieved an offer, saying “This offer is subject to you obtaining Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher Grades AB in any order in French German Grades AA”
I’m assuming this means AAAB with A’s in German and French, or is it just the two A’s? The wording has confused me a little.
Studying A-Level Maths, Physics, Geography (BCA predicted in respective offer)
Offer of BBB for MPhys Physics.
Although my offer was originally for Engineering Physics, I emailed the Physics admissions who were happy to change me over to the pure Physics course!
Reply 29
@Heriot-Watt University

Looking at doing a visit to look around the campus and city itself. I noticed you do Offer Holder day - I have an offer for Computer Systems and was curious if I could/should apply for the Computer Science one?
Original post by Molseh
@Heriot-Watt University

Looking at doing a visit to look around the campus and city itself. I noticed you do Offer Holder day - I have an offer for Computer Systems and was curious if I could/should apply for the Computer Science one?

Hi Molseh :hello:

Yes, Computer Systems is within our Department of Computer Science, so the Computer Science Offer Holder Day is the one to sign up to.

The dates are:

Wednesday 6 March 2019
Wednesday 13 March 2019
Friday 5 April 2019

https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/meet-us/edinburgh-offer-holder-days.htm

Hope to see you there! It's going to be great :dance:

Holly
Is any EU applicant still waiting for the offer? I’m so nervous
Original post by dariaa07
Is any EU applicant still waiting for the offer? I’m so nervous

I’m still waiting as well!
Original post by arpereira
I’m still waiting as well!

Where else have you applied?
Original post by dariaa07
Where else have you applied?

Strathclyde, Dundee, Aberdeen and Edinburgh Napier, heard back only from Strathclyde and Aberdeen
Hi, I found out on Friday that I got onto this course, have you found out yet? :smile:
Original post by Paterson18
Hi

I applied for the British Sign Language course and had my interview on the 11th of Jan, I was wondering if anyone who has applied has heard back and if not how soon will we be hearing back? @Heriot-Watt University
Has anyone heard back from Biological Sciences course?
Original post by arpereira
Has anyone heard back from Biological Sciences course?

Hi arpereira.

I've spoken to the Biological Sciences course co-ordinator and he said decisions were made a few weeks back. If you haven't heard already then it should be very soon!

In the mean time if there is anything you would like to ask me about the course then please let me know. I'm a 4th year Biological Sciences (Cell and Molecular Biology) student.

Melanie :smile:
Original post by Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
Hi arpereira.

I've spoken to the Biological Sciences course co-ordinator and he said decisions were made a few weeks back. If you haven't heard already then it should be very soon!

In the mean time if there is anything you would like to ask me about the course then please let me know. I'm a 4th year Biological Sciences (Cell and Molecular Biology) student.

Melanie :smile:

Thanks you! Do you think I’ll heard back by the end of this week?
Dear AnaThe University aims to respond to all UCAS applications received by the 15 January deadline by 31 March.The UCAS deadline for the University to respond to applicants is 2 May.Regards.Jolanda

Quick Reply

Latest