Jibraan Ruju
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
can u help me plz in sociology . what is meant by the term new man ? Attachment 776870
username4267344
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jibraan Ruju)
can u help me plz in sociology . what is meant by the term new man ? Attachment 776870
In short, traditionally households followed a patriarchal stance, with men being regarded as the 'bread-winner' of the family, and women as those whom were responsible for the running of the household and caring for children. The term 'new man' would be those whom share more of, and contributes more to domestic labour. This in turn helps to elevate the burdens faced by women in contemporary society, whom are expected to not only undertake these traditional roles and responsibilities within the household, but also maintain a job outside of the home ('dual burden'). Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads